John Cooper Clarke
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can count on him. He'll always let you down.
- 23rd :Snap, Crackle and Bop (1980).
- "Do not go mental, and with that, goodnight."
BBC Radio 4 - Desert Island Discs (21 July 2019)
- Never leave a bookies with a smile on your face.
- It was quite a tough school. Put it this way, we had our own coroner.
- I was met with the poet’s greatest enemy; indifference.
- My advice to any poet; you have to be idle to write it. A pen, a notebook and idleness, those are the three requisites for the manufacture of poetry.
- [Luxury item] A boulder of opium twice the size of my own head.