Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What private property does is connect effort to reward,
creating an incentive for people to produce more.
Then, if there's a free market,
people will trade their surpluses to each other for the things they lack.
Mutual exchange for mutual benefit makes the community richer.
- The Tragedy of the Commons, ABC News (21 November 2007)
- I started out by viewing the marketplace as a cruel place, where you need intervention by government and lawyers to protect people. But after watching the regulators work, I have come to believe that markets are magical and the best protectors of the consumer. It is my job to explain the beauties of the free market.
- The Oregonian, 26 October 1994
- I'm a little embarrassed about how long it took me to see the folly of most government intervention. It was probably 15 years before I really woke up to the fact that almost everything government attempts to do, it makes worse.
- Sigall, Ed (2006-06-03). "John Stossel: Not Afraid to Tell the Truth". NewsMax. Retrieved on 2007-09-24.
- The people who run the international tests told us, "the biggest predictor of student success is choice." Nations that "attach the money to the kids" and thereby allow parents to choose between different public and private schools have higher test scores. This should be no surprise; competition makes us better.
- Stossel, John (2006-07-26). "Smearing Education Choice". Townhall.com. Retrieved on 2007-09-24.
- There is some good evidence man contributes to global warming. But I say, so what? We can deal with that. It's not a catastrophe. And cold is far worse for hurting people than warmth.
- John Stossel. (2014-12-11). Fox & Friends [Television]. Fox News., quoted in David Edwards (2014-12-11). Fox segment on ‘ridiculous’ climate change devolves into talk of humans living with dinosaurs. Raw Story. Retrieved on 2014-12-15.