John Wick (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch. Written by Derek Kolstad.
Don't set him off.
- When Helen died, I lost everything. Until that dog arrived on my doorstep. A final gift from my wife. In that moment I received some semblance of hope. An opportunity to grieve unalone. And your son took that from me…stole that from me…KILLED THAT FROM ME! People keep asking if I'm back. And I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back! So you can either hand over your son, OR YOU CAN DIE SCREAMING ALONG SIDE HIM!
- (In Russian) Hurry fall asleep or The Boogeyman will come for you. From the swamp he will come and Take the children that don't behave. The Boogeyman.
- This life...follows you. It clings to you. Infecting everyone that comes close to you. We are cursed, you and I.
- There's no rhyme or reason to this life. It's days like today scattered among the rest.
- Your membership to the Continental has been, by thine own hand, revoked.
- I know what you're thinking, Jonathan. We live by a code. Which is why I'm not the one telling you that a certain helicopter on a certain helipad is being fueled for a certain someone.
- Viggo Tarasov: I heard you struck my son.
- Aurelio: Yes, sir, I did.
- Viggo Tarasov: And may I ask why?
- Aurelio: Yeah, well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir, and uh… killed his dog.
- Viggo Tarasov: Oh.
- Viggo Tarasov: It's not what you did, son, that angers me so. It's who you did it to.
- Iosef Tarasov: Who? That fucking nobody?
- Viggo Tarasov: That fuckin' nobody is John Wick. He was once an associate of ours. We called him…Baba Yaga.
- Iosef Tarasov: "The Boogeyman"?
- Viggo Tarasov: Well, John wasn't exactly "The Boogeyman". He was the one you sent to kill the fuckin' Boogeyman.
- Iosef Tarasov: …Oh.
[In the background, John takes a sledgehammer to his basement, and as Viggo talks, he unearths his hitman equipment that he had buried in concrete]
- Viggo Tarasov: John, is a man of focus. Commitment. Sheer will. Something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar… with a pencil. With a fuckin' pencil. Suddenly one day he asked to leave. It was over a woman, of course. So I made a deal with him. I gave him an impossible task. A job no one could have pulled off. The bodies he buried that day laid the foundation of what we are now. And then, my son, a few days after his wife died… you steal his car, and kill his fuckin' dog.
- Iosef Tarasov: Father, I can make this right!
- Viggo Tarasov: Oh? How do you plan that?
- Iosef Tarasov: By finishing what I started.
- Viggo Tarasov: [turns to his advisor, Avi] What the… did he hear a fucking word I said?
- Iosef Tarsov: [in Russian] Dad, I can do this! Please!
- [irritated yet scared, Viggo pulls his son close and talks in his ear]
- Viggo Tarasov: Iosef. Iosef! Listen. John will come for you, and I will do nothing because you can do nothing. So get the fuck out of my sight!
- [Viggo calls John in an attempt to make peace]
- Viggo Tarasov: Hello John. I heard about your wife. I'm sorry. My condolences. It, uh, seems to be fate, or happenstance, or just bad fucking luck that caused our paths to cross again. [no response] John? Let us not resort to our basic instincts, and handle this like civilized men to move on—
- [John hangs up on him]
- Avi: What did he say?
- Viggo Tarasov: [after a pause] Enough.
- Avi: Oh, god.
- Viggo Tarasov: Task your crew?
- Avi: How many?
- Viggo Tarasov: How many do you have?
- Jimmy: (Police knock on Door after John has killed Viggo's men)...Evenin', John
- John Wick: Evenin', Jimmy...Noise complaint?
- Jimmy: ...Noise complaint. (Jimmy sees a dead body laying in the hallway)...You, uh, workin' again?
- John Wick: Nah, just sortin' some stuff out.
- Jimmy: Ah, well...I'll leave you be then....Good night John.
- John Wick: Good night Jimmy.
- [John walks into the Continental lobby]
- Charon: (To Perkins) Room 918. Do enjoy your stay.
- Perkins: Thanks. (Turns to see John standing behind her)...Good seeing you again, John.
- John Wick: ...Perkins.
- Charon: I have you for two nights.
- John Wick: Depending on business, it may be more.
- Charon: Of course, sir.
- John Wick: So when did the old place get a face lift?
- Charon: Around four years ago...But I assure you sir, she really hasn't changed much.
- John Wick: Same owner?
- Charon: Same owner...Room 818...And, as always it is a pleasure having you with us again, Mr. Wick.
- Winston: Jonathan! Now, as I recall, weren't you the one tasked to dole out the beatings, not to receive them?
- John Wick: Rusty, I guess.
- Winston: I want to ask you this: Have you returned to the fold?
- John Wick: Just visiting.
- Winston: Have you thought this through? I mean chewed it down to the bone? You got out once. You dip so much as a pinky back into this pond, you may well find something reaches out, and drags you back into its depths.
- [John catches a bouncer at the Red Circle off-guard]
- John Wick: Hello, Francis.
- Francis: Mister Wick.
- John Wick: [in Russian] You've lost weight.
- Francis: [in Russian] Over sixty pounds.
- John Wick: [in Russian] Yeah? Impressive.
- Francis: Are you here on business, sir?
- John Wick: Afraid so, Francis. Why don't you take the night off?
- Francis: Thank you, sir.
- [John returns to the Continental lobby, covered in blood]
- John Wick: How good is your laundry?
- Charon: I'm sorry to say that no one is that good.
- John Wick: No, I thought not. [turns to leave]
- Charon: May I suggest a drink, sir? Bourbon, perhaps?
- John Wick: That sounds perfect.
- Harry: Don't worry. Housekeeping will find you.
- Ms. Perkins: Treat all your ladies like this?
- Harry: You are no lady. Trust me.
- Ms. Perkins: Harry, is it? How would you like to earn more than just a gold coin?
- Harry: You've broken the rules. You've done business on Continental grounds. And management does not take kindly to that sort of behavior.
- Ms. Perkins: Fuck management.
- [Ms. Perkins breaks free and quickly kills Harry]
- Ms. Perkins: Don't worry, housekeeping will find you.
- Viggo Tarasov: What happened, John? We were professionals. Civilized!
- John Wick: Do I look civilized to you?
- Viggo Tarasov: They know you're coming.
- John Wick: Of course. But it won't matter.
- [John tracks down Iosef, who is badly wounded]
- Iosef Tarasov: [in Russian] It was just a FUCKING—
[John shoots Iosef in the head]
- John Wick: [in Russian] Everything's got a price.
- [Viggo has been fatally wounded after being stabbed by John]
- Viggo Tarasov: Be seeing you, John.
- John Wick: Yeah... Be seeing you.
- Keanu Reeves - John Wick
- Michael Nyqvist - Viggo Tarasov
- Alfie Allen - Iosef Tarasov
- Adrianne Palicki - Ms. Perkins
- Ian McShane - Winston
- Willem Dafoe - Marcus
- Dean Winters - Avi
- Lance Reddick - Charon