- "We'll probably just play the greatest hits set again, give the people the shit they want to hear." (from a 2008 interview)
- "Some people are desperately looking for scapegoats, they just don't want to see the truth!" (Jon commenting on the parents that blame music for the violence.)
- "The kids out there want something they can relate to, something that's real; most of that whiny stuff isn't real. The cheesy pop songs just bore me to death." (commenting on how he feels about rock and pop.)
- "It's my purse."(talking about his sporran)
- "If he gets into drugs or something stupid like that, then I'll kick his ass, but otherwise he's got to live his life, even now." (talking about son and parenthood.)
- "The music industry can make you feel like a prostitute."
- "The fans have been really incredible everywhere we've been....You want to make sure you put on the best concert of your life to show them how appreciative you are."
- "People die from typewriters falling on their heads." (talking about taking chances because you can die at any moment.)
- "They're all, 'Dude, we're sorry. We were just kids. Your know how kids are. Growing up' and I'm just like "Shut up!'" (talking about when he meets people from his high school.)
- "I like reading Ball Tongue lyrics and all that stuff. And they published a book, and I wouldn't give my lyrics, and it's all wrong in the book, and I giggle. It's funny."
- "When you’re really depressed it's good to hear someone be hurt too, when I get depressed I listen to my own fucking music. I put us on." (on his suicidal tendencies.)
- "I think I'm a clinical worrier, I worry about everything and I've always been that way. I want to make sure that everything works out as planned and I just get lost in my worries and fears. As if that isn't enough, I also worry about everybody else and try to carry their burden. It's like I'm trying to carry the weight of the whole world on my shoulders."
- "You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same."
- Also sometimes attributed to Kurt Cobain
"We're not trying to change the world; just music."
"I don't know the true meaning of happiness." (on the Diary of Korn.)
"That practice was TAIYT." ["Tight" said in a strange way]
"I don't care what people think or say about me, I know who I am."
"A lot of people don't realize that depression is an illness. I don't wish it on anyone, but if they would know how it feels, I swear they would think twice before they just shrug it.."
"When I listen to music, I don't want to hear about flowers. I like death and destruction." (From Entertainment Weekly.)
- [When asked if he is going to go to his high school reunion] "Yeah, I can't wait. I'm going to show up in a helicopter."
"Yeah, I am pissed off that I inherited it. I wish sometimes that I was born back in the day. But today's society is so fucked up...we gotta thank the parents for doing that to the kids." (Talking about the violence kids today have to face, and why they look up to Jon while their parents dislike him.)
"It is quite annoying that we have to change the sound we invented just to avoid sounding like people who simply copy us, but...it is flattering and of course challenging."
"When you were a kid and you heard the F-word in a song, you'd rewind it 100 times just to hear them say it. So we said, 'Lets put as many cuss words in one song as we could possibly do, And I guarantee little kids that are fuckin' ten years old are freaking out on that song." (About K@#/%.)
"I don't believe in organized religion - I dealt with them hand in hand, and a whole bunch of Catholic priests tried to molest me, telling me I was gay and I should go home with them and stuff."
"Gaming for me is a religion and Haze is the shit! I had to come up with a track that can hit up that kind of rush I get from the game and I think we really rocked it!!"
"There are a lot of fans really emotionally attached to the lyrics and intensity of the music. We get countless emails from kids saying, 'Thank you so much for your band. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have killed myself.'"