Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joseph Zen Ze-kiun (13 January 1932 –) is a cardinal of the Catholic Church from Hong Kong,
- The Vatican lost everything, and got nothing. I cannot understand why they would do such thing. I’m sure that the Pope has the good intention to gain some space, some breathing space, and maybe one day you can get something better. Okay. But Parolin, the Secretary of State, he knows very well who the Communists are: there’s no way to bargain with the Communists, you get nothing.
- It is a right and a duty to fight for one's life and for one's faith. So, I think we have to be careful because our fundamental attitude is surely always one of trust, harmony and dialogue, but sometimes, we have to pray for the conversion of our enemies. But we cannot trust them because there is no foundation for any trust. If we trust them, then we put ourselves in danger ― put our faith in danger.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CDL. JOSEPH ZEN (July 17, 2019)
- My last act of protest will be to do just that, to now disappear with everyone knowing why. I put this in my last will and testament — that my bones shall not be placed in the cathedral, I do not want to be buried with such men. I will be buried in a simple cemetery with what remains of the faithful people of God.
- Cardinal Zen on China: ‘There is Nothing More to Do Other Than Prayer’ (October 2, 2020)