Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joshua David Hawley (born December 31, 1979) is an American attorney and politician who has been the junior United States Senator from Missouri since 2019. From 2017 to 2019, Hawley was the Attorney General of Missouri.
- I think the answer is that the case stands for the proposition that business people who feel that their faith is being burdened, that they get to come into court and have their day at court and make this argument. So, you cannot keep them out of court just because they’re business folks. And that is going to apply to everybody from the cake baker, to kosher butchers, to halal food distributors, across the board. Now, how those future cases will come out will depend on the specific facts of the case, of course. But I think that the general proposition here is a really, really important one. And that is that you do not give up your religious liberty right if you choose to start a business.
- Interview with Hobby Lobby attorney Joshua Hawley (June 30, 2014)
- I said I would be part of the solution in Jefferson City, not part of the problem. And I said I’d take on the culture of corruption, I think this shows that we’re serious about it. This is the first thing I’ve done in this office.
- Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley announces new ethics policy(January 11, 2017)
- The D.C. career crowd just keeps on doing the same old thing, And you know, the system works pretty well for them – they’re connected. But here in Missouri, we know too many people who can’t get a job. Or if they’ve got a job they can’t get a raise. Farmers are hurting and that means farm kids can’t come home. And as for healthcare and taxes – they just keep going up. Erin and I have decided we have to do something about it. And that’s why next year I’m going to run for the United States Senate. This isn’t something we were planning to do. But we believe we have to do all we can to win a better future for our country. Senator McCaskill – she’s been in D.C. forever. She’s turned her back on farmers. She’s ignored working families. She’s been wrong on every Supreme Court nominee for the last 11 years. She doesn’t represent us. It’s time to do something new. America is an exceptional place, and it’s still a young country. Its future is worth fighting for. So let’s get ready and do our part.
- Here in Missouri (October 9, 2017)
- I will never apologise for giving voice to the millions of Missourians and Americans who have concerns about the integrity of our elections. That's my job, and I will keep doing it.
- In a statement defending his decision to challenge the results of the 2020 United States presidential election. Cited in Josh Hawley fanned the flames for diehard Trump voters. Will his gambit pay off? by J. Oliver Conroy in The Guardian (12 January 2021)
- The alliance of leftists and woke capitalists hoped to regulate the innermost thoughts of every American, from school age to retirement.
- Sen. Hawley: It’s time to stand up against the muzzling of America, New York Post (24 January 2021)
- In every single child porn case for which we can find records, Judge Jackson deviated from the federal sentencing guidelines in favor of child porn offenders
- No turning back now. Roe must be overruled
- Collins, Manchin and other lawmakers react to the Supreme Court draft opinion (Updated: 05/03/2022 03:11 PM EDT)
Quotes about Hawley
- Sen. Cruz, you must accept responsibility for how your craven, self-serving actions contributed to the deaths of four people yesterday. And how you fundraised off this riot. Both you and Senator Hawley must resign. If you do not, the Senate should move for your expulsion.
- We did not come to this decision lightly. As a publisher it will always be our mission to amplify a variety of voices and viewpoints. At the same time we take seriously our larger public responsibility as citizens, and cannot support Senator Hawley after his role in what became a dangerous threat.
- Statement from Simon and Schuster after they cancelled a book deal with Hawley in the aftermath of the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol. Cited in Simon & Schuster publicly severs ties with right-wing senator Josh Hawley after Capitol riots – but will still profit from book sales by Annabel Nugent in The Independent (19 January 2021)
- For somebody who claims he's been consistently muzzled, Hawley is somehow in my face in major media outlets all the time. I would think muzzling would mean I wouldn't have to listen to this treason weasel anymore, but apparently not.
- Elizabeth Spiers, in response to an article by Hawley on the front of the New York Post alleging that America was being 'muzzled' by cancel culture. Cited in 'Josh Hawley, president 2024': school yearbook indicates long-held ambition by Martin Pengelly in The Guardian (25 January 2021)
- Reminder that Josh Hawley is a traitor
- 26 February 2021 tweet from The Lincoln Project
- Josh Hawley is a bitch and he ran like a bitch.
- 22 July 2022 quote from US Capitol Police officer Michael Fanone on the video of Hawley running away from the January 6 riot Josh Hawley’s response to being mocked for the Jan. 6 running video? Fundraising off it.