Journey to the Center of the Earth is a 2008 film based on the 19th century novel of the same name by Jules Verne.
Same Planet. Different World.
- Directed by Eric Brevig. Written by Michael D. Weiss, Jennifer Flackett, and Mark Levin.
- Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the center of the Earth.
- [holds up Max's yo-yo] This was your old man's PSP.
- [recognizing Mt. Vesuvius behind them] If your mother asks you where you went this weekend, tell her your uncle took you to Italy.
- Hey, look at all this schist!
- No one gets dibs on the mountain guide.
- [seeing a deserted field in the center of the Earth] Dang, I wish I read that book.
- Oh, we're in deep schist.
- Elizabeth: Say hi to your uncle, Sean.
- Sean: Hi to your uncle.
- Trevor: What are you doing?
- Sean: I am Googling at 30 thousand feet.
- Trevor: Are you supposed to be doing that?
- Sean: Welcome to the 21st century.
- Hannah Ásgeirsson: Just make conversation with me, Sean.
- Sean: So, uh, Hannah, do you come here often?
- Trevor: [laughs] That can't be the best you can do!
- Sean: Hey! I'm trying to make conversation!
- Hannah Ásgeirsson: [laughs] It's OK. No Sean, I don't come here often.
- Trevor: [as they are climbing] Hey, look at all the shist.
- Sean: What?
- Trevor: Its a metamorphic rock. Green schist, white schist, micro-guarded schist...
- Sean: Oh. Schist.
- [The trio are riding fast through mine tunnels in cars]
- Sean: I WISH THERE WERE SEATBELTS ON THIS THING!!
- Trevor: YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT SEATBELTS?!!
- Sean: [running from a dinosaur] Haven't you ever seen a dinosaur before?
- Trevor: Not with skin on it!