Journey to the Seventh Planet
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Journey to the Seventh Planet is a 1962 film about a five-man team sent to explore the frozen planet Uranus, only to find a temperate forest and sultry women from their past on it, courtesy of an alien brain with evil designs.
Have They Terrifying Powers Of Mind Over Matter? (taglines)
- Invaders of my universe, you are doomed.
- You have come to me, feeble, stupid men, armed only with courage and foolish weapons. You have come to destroy me, but my weapons are more powerful than yours. Your own fears have created the means of your destruction. Come, then! Challenge me! We shall see who survives.
- Come. I have waited long for this moment. Give me your minds, your innermost thoughts. You are powerless. I shall drain your minds and bend your will to mine. You will submit, and I shall possess you. Through your minds and bodies I will rule you and make your world mine.
- Your courage is great, but I am still here. I will destroy you.
Capt. Don Graham
- Look, commander, this kind of monster I can handle.
- There was a girl. Lisa. A real chick. Hey, she was German, too. A U.N. biological expert. Boy, was she biological. I wish I could have taught her MY kind of biology.
- Paradise Uranus - complete with rats, severals Eves, and even our apples.
- Narrator: There are no limits to the imagination and man's ability to make reality out of his visions is his greatest strength. Through this skill, he has been able to conquer time and space. The story you are about to see takes place after man has solved the complex mysteries of space travel. The year is 2001. Life is changed now. The planet Earth is no longer racked by wars and threats of annihilation. Man has learned to live with himself. The United Nations is the sole governing body of the world, and the great hunger now, is for knowledge. All the planets near the Sun, including Saturn, have been explored and charted by the U.N. Space Fleet, but as yet, no sign of life in any form has been in any form has been discovered, the search goes on and systematic exploration continues. Spaceship Explorer 12 is now on a mission to survey, land and investigate the seventh planet, Uranus.
- Karl: I... I have always had an abnormal fear of rats. That's why I couldn't stand up to that... rat thing.
- Eric: We're going to pay that mirage a little visit.
- Capt. Don Graham: [Upon breathing the atmosphere] Fresh as any man could hope for.
- Eric: It sure is an effective way to invite us outside. Get your guns.
- Svend: She might have given us a couple of answers.
- Capt. Don Graham: At least she gave me a couple of ideas. Yes, sir!
- Capt. Don Graham: How do you know the solution to everything isn't right here, right in front of us?
- Eric: Because nothing in front of us is real. It doesn't exist.
- A Trip Into Pure Hell.
- Have They Terrifying Powers Of Mind Over Matter?
- You're in Space beyond Space.
- What is this monstrous THING? With the power of mind over matter?... There beyond the stars your unspeakable fears...deepest desires...come alive...and you are trapped in a spectacle of terror- your secret fears pitted against you!
- John Agar — Capt. Don Graham
- Carl Ottosen — Eric
- Peter Monch — Karl
- Ove Sprogøe — Barry O'Sullivan
- Louis Miehe-Renard — Svend
- Ann Smyrner — Ingrid
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|