Jump to navigation Jump to search
- God loves you just the way you are. But He loves too much to let you stay that way.
- I wounder what she looks like. I bet she's skinny. She probably is. She's skinnner'n me and prettier too. Now I'll hate her. Oh I can't wait!
- All I really want is for Johnny to love me like he did in High School.
- Have you thought of any names? I was thinking if it's a boy then we could name him Johnny, and if it's a girl we could still name it Johnny just spell it J-O-N-N-I with an I!
- Ashley: You always know what I need. [pause] You know, all I want in the whole world is for Johnny to love me like he did in high school. [pause] You held him, didn't you? Aw, he was beautiful. He was perfect.
- George Johnsten': He was.
- Ashley': He was blue.
- Madeleine: [Madeleine is helping Johnny with his book report on Huckleberry Finn] Their relationship is Huck's gradual love affair with this slave is a major theme...
- Johnny Johnsten: Wa-wa-wait, they fall in love with each other? I don't think you're talking about the right book... [laughs nervously]
- Madeleine: I was born in Japan.
- Ashley: You were not!
- Peg: [after they realize Ashley was ready to give birth] Where are you going?
- Eugene: Bring the car upfront.
- Peg: Don't just stand there go get the car!
- Madeleine: You like this one?
- George Johnsten: Makes me happy... but I'm gonna buy the UFO.
- Peg: What did you do with my eggs?
- Johnny Johnsten: Stuffed 'em up my butt!
- Embeth Davidtz as Madeleine Johnsten
- Amy Adams as Ashley Johnsten
- Benjamin McKenzie as Johnny Johnsten
- Celia Weston as Peg Johnsten
- Alessandro Nivola as George Johnsten
- Scott Wilson as Eugene Johnsten
- Frank Hoyt Taylor as David Wark, the artist
- Joanne Pankow as Sissy Wark, David's sister
- Alicia Van Couvering as Bernadette, Madeleine's gallery assistant
- Jill Wagner as Millicent, friend at baby shower