Jungle Cubs is an American animated series produced by Disney for ABC in 1996 and based on the 1967 film The Jungle Book, but set in the youth of the animal characters. The show was a hit, running for two seasons in syndication before its re-runs to the Disney Channel.
- [in the wasteland] He, he, he... uh... What was that?
- Hey, slow down, what's the hurry animals, [stretching] hmm, yeah.
- [on the edge of the world] Wow. That sounds like it might be a little bit out of the neighborhood.
- [about the men] They're - as big as Hathi's father, and if they don't eat you, they end up wearing you.
- Now they're leaving without absence - uh, absent without leave.
- It's t-- only against regulations.
- Now wait just one minute, Snarkle-snout.
- This place is so quiet, it makes a graveyard look lively. Oh, what am I sayin'? It is a graveyard.
- [laughing at Kaa and Baloo stuck in an animal rib cage] I don't wanna rib you guys, but we can't stick around here.
- [as the others are stuck in a skeleton where they went out to try and scare Shere Khan] Hold on, fellas. I'm gettin' the bare bones of an idea.
- Mahra: Except, You!
- [Baloo is looking worried and scared]
- Mahra: You see, I really need your hide.
- Baloo: OVER MY DEAD BODY! [gulps] What am I saying?
- Bagheera: Cut it out, you too. You're actin' like a couple o'wild animals.
- Kaa: Yeah, but... they are animals.
- Kaa: Won't you don't see can't hurt me... uh, you.
- Baloo: No way, Lou-ay.
- Baloo: Smooth entrance, fellas.
- Bagheera: So now let's exit?
- Shere Khan: I'm not afraid of anything.
- [Shere Khan does a loud roar makes him gasp; meekly]
- Shere Khan: Mommy.
- Baloo: What's that, Khanie?
- Shere Khan: Uhh, uh, nothin'. Uh... look guys, I gotta go; my... mom's callin' and, I mean I... See around, okay?
- Prince Louie: [laughing with the others] I'd say Shere Khan's still a few stripes below the top of the food chain.
- Prince Louie: I'll never forget this, pal.
- Baloo: I'll make sure you don't.
- Prince Louie: [about the prank he and Baloo played] I'll never forgive myself.
- Baloo: I know, Lou. I'll never forgive ya either.
- Pamela Segall as Baloo.
- E.G. Daily as Bagheera. (Season 1)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Bagheera. (Season 2)
- Jason Marsden as Shere Khan and Louie (Season 1), Benny.
- Cree Summer as Louie. (Season 2)
- Rob Paulsen as Hathi and Akela. (Season 1)
- Stephen Furst as Hathi. (Season 2)
- Jim Cummings as Kaa, Fred, Jed, Older Louie and Older Bagheera.
- David Lander as Arthur.
- Michael McKean as Cecil.