Jungle Emperor Leo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jungle Emperor Leo, known in Japan as Jungle Emperor The Movie is a 1997 animated movie focusing on the last half of Osamu Tezuka's manga, Jungle Taitei (known in earlier US productions as Kimba the White Lion and Leo the Lion).
- Directed by Yoshio Takeuchi. Produced by Minoru Kubota, Sumio Udagawa and Chiharu Akiba. Written by Yoshio Takeuchi. Based on Jungle Taitei by Osamu Tezuka.
- Leo: Earth Mother!
- Mother: Leo, it's been so long.
- Leo: Earth Mother, is there a problem on the mountain?
- Mother: I'm afraid so. There's less and less food growing on Mount Moon these days. There's very little left to eat. I came to take some food back. It warms my heart to see all of you doing so well. I know it's hard work protecting the jungle all by yourself, but you need to believe in yourself to lead them. Their all in your care, Leo.
- Lune: I agree with you, Dad. Fighting the humans is wrong. Some of them are nice. One of them even saved my life, so they must be good.
- Leo: Lune, I'm afraid Pagoola is not entirely wrong. Of course,some men have proven themselves to be kind. Then again, there are those humans who destroy the jungle, and pose a great threat to us.
- Lune: Hm?
- Leo: However, nothing is achieved through fighting. But if we can't trust them and don't want to fight them. Then what?
- Lune: Well... we should make friends with them.
- Leo: Uh?
- Lune: If we were friends, we could share the world! We could play with them! Isn't that a good idea Dad?
- Leo: [laughs] I just hope you get to see that world someday. A world where humans and animals can share their wisdom.