Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic Park III is a 2001 film that is the third film in the Jurassic Park film series. Dr. Alan Grant travels back to Isla Sorna, bribed by two supposedly wealthy investors who have lost their son on the island.
Dr. Alan Grant
- You do not understand. On this island, there is no such thing as safe!
- (about Velociraptors) All our theories about raptor intelligence, what they were capable of, we weren't even close! They were smart. They were smarter than dolphins or whales. They were even smarter than primates!
- (after Billy said he stole raptor eggs "with the best intentions") With the best intentions!? Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the 'best intentions.' You know, as far as I'm concerned, you're no better than the people who built this place.
- (Finding a dinosaur carcass) It's okay, it's dead. (T. rex raises it's head from behind the dead dinosaur) Nobody move a muscle! (T. rex roars and everyone besides Grant runs away)
- God bless you, Ellie.
- (after the entire audience raises their hands with questions) Does anyone have any questions not relating to Jurassic Park? (several audience members lower their hands) Or the incident in San Diego, which I did not witness. (The entire audience except one person lowers their hands)
- (in answer to a question whether palaeontology is relevant given the living dinosaurs on Isla Sorna) Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilised in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries! What John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters! Nothing more and nothing less. [...] No force on earth or heaven could get me on that island.
- (about Ellie Sattler) Wow! You have to thank her now. She sent the Navy and the Marines!
- Let's go home.
- Billy: Alan, I wanted to thank you bringing me along on this.
- Dr. Alan Grant: Yeah, well the bones will still be there when we get back; that's the great thing about bones, they never run away. And the truth is...[sotto voce] You got me into this, and I have no intention of being on my own with these people!
- Paul Kirby: [hearing distant roar] What was that?
- Billy: That's a Tyrannosaurus?
- Dr. Alan Grant: I don't think so. It sounds bigger.
- Amanda Kirby: [about the abandoned laboratory] Is this how you make dinosaurs?
- Dr. Alan Grant: No. This is how you play God.
- Eric Kirby: I read both your books. I liked your first one more, before you were on the island. You liked dinosaurs back then.
- Dr. Alan Grant: Back then they hadn't tried to eat me yet!
- "[Paul and Amanda explain they are in the Island to rescue their son Eric]"
- Paul Kirby: We called everyone; we did everything we could. No one would help us. The Costa Rican Government says this is a no-fly zone; the US Embassy, that's our US Embassy, told us we should accept the inevitable. Can you believe that?!
- Billy: You let a twelve-year old go parasailing alone?
- Paul, Amanda: No!
- Amanda Kirby: He was with a friend.
- Paul Kirby: Ben Hilldebrand.
- Amanda Kirby: Paul and I divorced about a year ago.
- Dr. Alan Grant: Alright, so why me?
- Paul Kirby: He told me he needed someone who's been on the island before.
- Udesky: Yes, but I did not tell you to kidnap someone.
- Dr. Alan Grant: I have never been on this island!
- Paul Kirby: Sure you have. You wrote that book.
- Billy: That was Isla Nublar. This is Isla Sorna, Site B.
- Udesky: You mean that there are two islands with dinosaurs on them?
- Paul and Amanda Kirby : All right, you just stay out of this!
- Dr. Alan Grant: So, how long have they been missing?
- Paul Kirby: Eight weeks.
- Amanda Kirby: Almost eight weeks now. [An awkward pause]
- Dr. Alan Grant: Billy, we'll go back to the plane and salvage what we can. Then we make for the coast.
- Paul Kirby: Dr. Grant, we're not leaving this island without our son.
- Dr. Alan Grant: Then you can go look for him, or you can stay with us as long as you don't hold us up. Either way, you probably won't get off this island alive. [Alan and Billy head off]
- Paul Kirby: So what do we do?
- Udesky: Well, we search for your son...in the direction they're going.
- [After Billy photographs a Spinosaurus Footprint]
- Dr. Alan Grant: How would you classify it, Billy?
- Billy: Obviously a super-predator. Suchomimus, that snout.
- Dr. Alan Grant: No, think bigger.
- Billy: Baryonx?
- Dr. Alan Grant: Not with that sail. Spinosaurus aegypticus.
- Billy: I don't remember that on InGen's list.
- Dr. Alan Grant: That's because it wasn't on their list. And it makes you wonder what else they were up to.
- Billy: [noticing Paul struggling with getting his backpack on] So Mr. Kirby, when you climbed K-2, did you base camp at 25 or 30,000 feet?
- Paul Kirby: [hesitatingly] 30,000 feet. We were pretty close to the top.
- Billy: Yea, you were about 1,000 feet above it, actually.
- Paul Kirby: No, no, no. That's a common mistake
- Dr. Alan Grant: Mr. Kirby, there's no such thing as Kirby Enterprises, is there?
- Paul Kirby: It's Kirby's Paint and Tile Plus. The "Plus" stands for bathroom fixtures; we're in the Lakewood Shopping Center in Enid, Oklahoma.
- Billy: So I suppose that check you wrote us is no good.
- Paul Kirby: No, I will pay you the money!
- Dr. Alan Grant: This is good! Here we are on the worst place on earth, and we're not even getting paid!
- Paul Kirby: OK, look, if you ever need to do a kitchen or bathroom...
- Dr. Alan Grant: This is T. rex... pee?
- Eric Kirby nods
- Dr. Alan Grant: How'd you get it?
- Eric Kirby: You don't wanna know.
- Paul Kirby: [to Amanda] We're going to find him. He's very ingenious. Remember what it was like to try and ground him?
- Dr. Alan Grant: [pausing] Where's Billy?
- [goes back to the raptor nest and sees Billy messing with his "lucky" bag]
- Dr. Alan Grant: What are you doing?!
- Billy: I was photographing the nest.
- Dr. Alan Grant: Don't do that again!
- Billy: Sorry.
- Dr. Alan Grant: If I lose you, it's just me and the @#!*% tourists.
- Billy: I rescued your hat.
- Dr. Alan Grant: (jokingly) Well, that's the important thing.
- Amanda Kirby: [after watching Pteranodons fly away from the island] I dare them to nest in ... Oklahoma!
- Paul Kirby: [looking lovingly at Amanda] Let's go home.
- Sam Neill- Dr. Alan Grant
- William H. Macy- Paul Kirby
- Téa Leoni- Amanda Kirby
- Alessandro Nivola- Billy Brennan
- Trevor Morgan- Eric Kirby
- Michael Jeter- Udesky
- Laura Dern- Dr. Ellie Sattler
Paleontologists on the film
- "Even 'Jurassic Park III' tried to jump on the avian-dino bandwagon by making a brave attempt to adorn Velociraptor with a feathery hair-piece. (The result looked like a roadrunner's toupee- don't blame the effects-artists; it's notoriously difficult to render feathers in computer graphics animation, so we'll have to wait for 'JP IV' for a more thoroughly rendered avian pelage.)"
- Bakker, R. 2004. “Dinosaurs Acting Like Birds, and Vice Versa – An Homage to the Reverend Edward Hitchcock, First Director of the Massachusetts Geological Survey” in Feathered Dragons. Currie, P.; Koppelhus, E.; Shugar, M.; Wright J. eds. Bloomington: Indiana University Press. pp. 1-11.