Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If we base the ferocious factor on the length of the animal, there was nothing that ever lived on this planet that could match this creature.
- John R. Horner, as quoted in "Spinosaurus makes T. Rex look like a pussycat: When it comes to Jurassic Park III, size does matter", Ottawa Citizen (11 July, 2001)
- It is a really bizarre dinosaur - there's no real blueprint for it. It has a long neck, a long trunk, a long tail, a 7ft (2m) sail on its back and a snout like a crocodile. And when we look at the body proportions, the animal was clearly not as agile on land as other dinosaurs were, so I think it spent a substantial amount of time in the water.
- Nizar Ibrahim, as quoted in "Spinosaurus fossil: 'Giant swimming dinosaur' unearthed", BBC News (11 September 2014)
- It was a chimera: half duck, half crocodile. We don’t have anything alive that looks like this today.
- Paul Sereno, as quoted in "Meet the Mighty Spinosaurus, the First Dinosaur Adapted for Swimming", Smithsonian Magazine (11 September 2014)