K. Pattabhi Jois
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Ahhh. Samadhi.
Yoga is Samadhi.
God is One.
Yoga is One.
- Quoted in Sharon Gannon and David Life, Jivamukti Yoga, Ballantine Books, 2002, p. 37.
- Some yoga teachers say that a vegetarian diet is not necessary.
Pattabhi Jois: [laughing] Oh ... a new method!
Many Indians and Westerners eat meat.
Pattabhi Jois: They are not practicing yoga. Meat eating makes you stiff.
What is the most important yogic practice in this time?
Pattabhi Jois: Vegetarian diet is the most important practice for yoga.
- Interview in Sharon Gannon and David Life, Jivamukti Yoga, Ballantine Books, 2002, p. 83.
- Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal.... But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.
- Quoted in Kelsie Besaw, The Little Red Book of Yoga Wisdom, Skyhorse Publishing, 2013, p. 22.