K. R. Malkani
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kewalram Ratanmal Malkani (November 19, 1921 - October 27, 2003) was an Indian journalist, historian and politician.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- Hindu [educational] institutions have no fundamental right to compensation in case of compulsory acquisition of their property by the state... a lasting solution to this problem lies only in amending Article 30 of the Constitution...
Quotes about Malkani
- I was reviewing H.V. Seshadri's book, The Tragic Story of India's Partition, in a series.... As the proofs came one day, I found that some of the significant passages regarding Sufis were missing from the composition by the printing press. I picked up the typed copy, and saw that those passages had been crossed out with red pencil. I turned to Shri Malkani, and asked him if he had done it. He would not look me in the eyes, but muttered, "We have to live with them." I observed, "I was also trying to see that they learn to live with us." He did not reply.
Shri Malkani was sacked soon after. I do not know the whole story. All I came to know much later was that his failure to stop me from writing regularly in the Organiser was one of the reasons for the sorry outcome. But at that time I did not suspect it that I had something to do with his departure from a weekly which he had served for three score years, so much so that the Organiser had come to mean Malkani and Malkani the Organiser. Ale ways of party bosses are always inscrutable.
- Goel, S.R., How I became a Hindu (1982)
- When in the 1980s the historian Sita Ram Goel filled a weekly column in Organiser with mustering evidence for his position that fundamentalist intolerance is the essence of Islam itself rather than a deviation, RSS General Secretary H.V. Seshadri intervened to have the column discontinued and the editor, the arch-moderate K.R. Malkani, sacked. The reason given for the discontinuation was that "otherwise, with such attacks on Islam, the Muslims will not join us".
- Elst, Koenraad. (1997) BJP vis-à-vis Hindu Resurgence