Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kalki Koechlin - Latest & Upcoming Movies, Birthday, Videos of Kalki Koechlin. BookMyShow.
- Obviously I think I've been very lucky, to start off with such a good break, and to have a film that not only was a hit but where I didn't have to compromise … in terms of doing a mindless movie — it was also a movie, for me as an actor which was very fulfilling…
- I wanted to kind of make sure that people know that I'm here to stay, because this is home, and I am born here — I'm not a foreigner in that sense.
- Interview with NewsX (27 October 2009)
- I think the chemistry we have is that we both think very dark when it comes to stories.
- On her relationship with Anurag Kashyap, in Interview with NewsX (27 October 2009)
- It's all a part of this world where we're all kind of mixing a lot, and… in that way we're all a bit confused about who we are, where we belong, where's home, and … who is important to us…
- Interview with Olivia Bannock at the Toronto International Film Festival, on the subject of her work with Anurag Kashyap, in That Girl in Yellow Boots, for myETVmedia with Kalki Koechlin (28 September 2010)
Quotes about Koechlin
- Enter Chanda, the multilingual call girl who can seduce in Hindi, Tamil, English and French. With her bee-stung lips, unusual face and refreshing lack of acting guile, Kalki Koechlin imbues the part with a touching fragility.
- Shashi Baliga, in review of Dev.D in The Hindustan Times (6 February 2009)
- Dev.D is a tryst with milestone cinema, reminiscent of Baz Luhrmann's Shakespeare-shaken-and-stirred in Romeo and Juliet. Kashyap, however, gets even more adventurous and adds a progressive flourish to both the plot and the characters which are played to perfection by the three lead players. If Mahi and Kalki are riveting new finds, assured of a long innings in cinema, then Abhay Deol adds a whole new meaning to the term "Unconventional Hero".
- The clown company played by Atul Kumar, Kalki Koechlin, Sujay Saple, Neil Bhoopalam, Namit Das and Puja Sarup are outstanding in their role[s]. This is just outstanding casting by the director and The Company Theatre.