Kara Anne Swisher (born 11 December, 1962) is an American journalist. She is a contributing editor at New York, the host of the podcast Sway, and the co-host of the podcast Pivot.cFrom 2018 to 2022, she was an opinion writer for The New York Times, before re-joining Vox Media.
- Do it if you are creative or a risk-taker. Don’t let your talents go to waste. It’s so freeing to be in charge of your destiny on some level, to rise and fall on your abilities.
-  Kara on leaving a salary to strike out on your own
- They get isolated, isolated, isolated, and their circles become ever smaller. They never meet real people. Except online, and that’s not real.
- Be your genuine self. Don’t edit yourself. Women especially do this because we’re raised to be people-pleasers
-  Kara's best career advice
- You’ve got to tune out your self-doubts and understand that it’s okay to fail
-  Kara on dealing with setbacks