Jump to navigation Jump to search
- My thoughts are with the victims of this morning’s despicable, unprovoked attack on the Republican congressional softball team. Representative Scalise is a friend, and my heart goes out to him and his family. Steve and I wish him and the others wounded a speedy recovery. They remain in our thoughts and prayers. I also want to commend the heroic actions of the Capitol Police officers who clearly prevented today’s attack from being a much bigger tragedy. I am aware that the suspect recently made vile comments about me on social media. It also appears that the suspect targeted members of congress specifically because he disagreed with their views. We should not allow our political differences to escalate to violent attacks. We must all refuse to allow the politics of our country to be defined in this way. Now more than ever, we must unite as a one nation under God. It is incumbent upon all of us to work together in a civil and productive way, even when we disagree.
- Karen Handel’s Statement On Today’s Attack In Virginia (June 14, 2017)
- There has definitely been a significant bias from the local media like nothing like I have ever experienced, but I intend to have the last laugh when I win tomorrow.
- Karen Handel: ‘I Intend to Have the Last Laugh When I Win’ (June 19, 2017)
- These are challenging times in our nation. We are facing real and serious issues – from terrorism, protecting our borders to curtailing government spending. Tonight, voters recognized these are times that call for someone who brings real experience – in career and in life. I know this has been a hard- fought election and I give Georgians this promise, I will work together with anyone who wants to create a better path forward for Georgia families and I will fight each and every day to make your lives better.
- Karen Handel’s Statement On Her Election Night Victory (June 23, 2017)