Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kathleen Marie "Kathy" Ireland ( March 20, 1963 –) is an American model and actress, turned author and entrepreneur.
- I called Planned Parenthood and begged them to give me their best argument and all they could come up with that it is really just a clump of cells and if you get it early enough it doesn’t even look like a baby. Well, we’re all clumps of cells and the unborn does not look like a baby the same way the baby does not look like a teenager, a teenager does not look like a senior citizen. That unborn baby looks exactly the way human beings are supposed to look at that stage of development. It doesn’t suddenly become a human being at a certain point in time. I’ve also asked leading scientists across our country to please show me some shred of evidence that the unborn is not a human being. I didn’t want to be pro-life, but this is not a woman’s rights issue but a human rights issue. If I see someone abusing a child I am going to stand up against that, and that’s how I feel about abortion. Women are not given all the facts, they’re told it is a harmless procedure and now it has turned into such a political football.
- Supermodel Kathy Ireland Lashes Out Against Pro Choice (April 27, 2009)
- Modeling exposed me to the best designers and people of all different cultures, but I always knew I belonged on the other side of the camera. When I modeled, I saved my money. A lot of people thought I was cheap. I was saving to invest in people.
Quotes about person/work
- I have never seen anyone epitomize glamour and grace and professionalism like she did.
- I loved Heidi Klum, but now I know Kathy Ireland is on the cover of Forbes, so that’s pretty amazing as well.
- Kate Upton answering who she was modeling her career after, Kate Upton Wants to Be The Next Kathy Ireland. Can She Do It?, (February 14, 2012)
- I really actually would like to model my career after someone like Kathy Ireland. I think she just built this incredible empire, but she honors the fact that Sports Illustrated was the platform that got her to that place
- Hannah Davis, Hannah Davis on her Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover: It's not that naughty, (February 9, 2015)