Katie Hill (politician)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Katherine Lauren Hill (born August 25, 1987) is an American politician and social services administrator from Agua Dulce, California, who served as the U.S. Representative for California's 25th congressional district.
- What makes people stay on your side is that believability, that authenticity. . . . . You don't need to talk about the policy details as much as you should give people a reason to trust you.
- interview with Rolling Stone (2018)
- I'm young, I'm a woman, I'm L.G.B.T.Q. I’m one of the California seats that’s going to be getting tons and tons of attention and I'm a new face for politics. We're providing an inside look into what politics looks like in this post-Trump moment.
- "Katie Hill Is a New Kind of California Democrat. Can She Help Flip the House?" ,The New Yorker (June 12, 2018)
- Playing nice isn't really something that's in my vocabulary. I just do what I think is right.
- During the final tumultuous years of my abusive marriage, I became involved in a relationship with someone on my campaign. I know that even a consensual relationship with a subordinate is inappropriate, but I still allowed it to happen despite my better judgment. For that I apologize. I wish nothing but the best for her and hope everyone respects her privacy in this difficult time.
- The truth is, distributing intimate photos with the intent to publish them is a crime, and the perpetrator should be punished to the full extent of the law. I have notified Capitol Police, who are investigating it, and therefore will have no further comment on the matter.
- "Rep. Katie Hill threatens legal action after another conservative outlet publishes her nude photo", Salon (October 25, 2019)
- This is what needs to happen so that the good people who supported me will no longer be subjected to the pain inflicted by my abusive husband and the brutality of hateful political operatives who seem to happily provide a platform to a monster who is driving a smear campaign built upon cyber exploitation.
- "Rep. Katie Hill to resign amid allegations of inappropriate relationships with staffers", Politico (October 27, 2019)