(Redirected from Khan, Genghis)
- Quotes without citations to published works can be suggested on the "Unsourced" section of the Discussion page
- Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.
- As quoted in The Mongol Empire : Its Rise and Legacy (1940) by Michael Prawdin, p. 224
- Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.
- As quoted in The Gigantic Book of Horse Wisdom (2007) by Thomas Meagher and Buck Brannaman, p. 408
- In the space of seven years I have succeeded in accomplishing a great work and uniting the whole world in one Empire.
- As quoted in The Tyrants : 2500 Years of Absolute Power and Corruption (2006) by Clive Foss, p. 55 ISBN 1905204965
- If one must drink, then let one drink thrice a month, for more is bad. If one gets drunk twice a month, it is better; if one gets drunk once a month, that is better still; and if one doesn't drink at all, that is the best of all.
Quotes about Genghis Khan
- The wholesale massacre by systematised processes of six or seven millions of men, women, and children in the German execution camps exceeds in horror the rough-and-ready butcheries of Genghis Khan, and in scale reduces them to pigmy proportions. Deliberate extermination of whole populations was contemplated and pursued by both Germany and Russia in the Eastern war. . . .
- The Gathering Storm, Volume I of The Second World War, by Winston Churchill.
- Possessed of great energy, discernment, genius and understanding.
- Persian historian Juzjani, a contemporary of Genghis Khan. Quoted in the Awake! magazine, 2008, 5/08, article: Asian Nomads Who Forged an Empire.
- [Militarily] ... he was the equal of Alexander the Great or Napoleon I.
- Says Encarta Encyclopedia.