Khumba is a 2013 3D South African computer-animated comedy film directed and produced by Anthony Silverston, written by Silverston and Raffaella Delle Donne. The film stars the voices of Jake T. Austin, Ben Kingsley, Steve Buscemi, Loretta Devine, Rupert Everett, Laurence Fishburne, Richard E. Grant, Anika Noni Rose, AnnaSophia Robb, Joey Richter, D.B. Sweeney, Catherine Tate, and Liam Neeson. It was the second movie made by Triggerfish Animation Studios and is distributed by Millennium Entertainment in the US. The International distribution rights are being licensed by Cinema Management Group. The film is about Khumba, a zebra who is half-striped like a quagga and blamed for the lack of rain by the rest of his insular, abusive, superstitious herd, except his dad, mom and Tombi. He embarks on a quest to earn his stripes.
- This is my Home, The Great Karoo Desert. Nope, that’s not me, I’m not even born yet.
- You can't keep them hidden from me forever, Mkhulu.
- I could smell your fear, I could almost taste it.
- If it doesn't rain soon, you will have to let them out.
- What's wrong, Skalk? Abandoned by your pack?
- Give me one good reason. Go on. Give it your best shot.
- You scavenge so low on the food chain,you couldn't possibly see his power.
- But you're not the same, are you? They hardly get my pulse rate up. You are the one I've been waiting for. It was foretold that a half-striped zebra would be born, and make one of us the most powerful leopard that ever lived. But I killed my own clan so that I could have you.
- You I'd savor slowly. One stripe at a time.
- You are the half, the half that will complete me.
- Theres only ONE way, to find out.
- Surrender to your destiny.
- But eating you will!
- I Know what you’re thinking.
- Well, hello there. Excuse me. How are you today? Feeling different, peculiar, left out, having trouble fitting in? Am I right? That's why I'm here. I'm here to help. My name is Skalk.
- You want more stripes, but you think there's no way in the world you could get more stripes. Am I right? Am I wrong? Am I? Of course I'm right.
- Stop, stop, stop. I've got the answers to all your problems right here. Skalk's 100% natural, herb, miracle formula. Guaranteed to bring out the natural stripe in you.
- No, no, no, wait. I know what you're thinking. How could that be? But I tell you it works... on anything. Even a rock. Samples of my work right here. But if you want to trek all the way across the Karoo and back, that's all right by me.
- Normally, it's very, very, very hard to get, but act now, the miracle natural stuff is yours for the shockingly low price of, say... a little water for me and my buddies?
- I personally know there's enough water back at your herd to give it away. Saw the wet muzzles with my own eyes. Wouldn't hurt for you to ask.
- Good evening, madam. What a treat running into such a lovely lady on such a lovely evening. With a fine feather duster, I might add.
- But I ain’t done nothing wrong yet.
- As for fun, I was providing adult supervision.
- Come on, guys. He's our ticket to all that water the zebras are hogging.
- He's going to eat you. Sorry, kid. I did my best.
- Go for the hoof. That's her Achilles' heel. She's got four of them.
- Wait, wait, I know what you're thinking, that I messed with the herd.
- You know, guys... I don't know. Sometimes I don't think you see the bigger picture.
- It was off the cuff. A little bit of this, a whole lot of us. You know, team work.
- I can fix that. I've got a natural blend of herbs and flowers. I'll go get you some. It kills nasty odors dead. It works on dog, cat, dog... [when Phango grabs him] DO-Oh!
- I Tried to avoid that.
- You think you're the only one who has a hard time fitting in?
- GET OUT MY FARM, YOU FREAKS OF NATURE!
- FREAK, FREEEEAK, YOURE A FREAK.
- He even eat my dear husband, didn’t he, Nora.
- Um.....Where the rest of your pack.
- He’s going to get you, he’s going to get you.
- You're are not half a zebra, you’re name is Khumba.
- Do you know why I named you Khumba? You see, Khumba means skin.
- They say that the first zebras to walk the Earth all had exactly the same skin with no stripes at all.
- One day, a brave young zebra took a journey across the vast Karoo. And deep inside a huge mountain, he found a water hole, a magic water hole. He swam in it, and when he came out, his skin was striped. All the other zebras admired his beautiful skin, and he was proud to be so different. But now, they all wanted to be like him, so one by one, they swam in the magic water hole, and when they came out, they were all striped, too.
- No, Khumba.
- Don't you see? Then They all looked the same.
- Jake T. Austin as Khumba
- Ben Kingsley as
- Steve Buscemi as Skalk
- Loretta Devine as Mama V
- Laurence Fishburne as Seko
- Rupert Everett as
- Richard E. Grant as Bradley
- Anika Noni Rose as Lungisa
- AnnaSophia Robb as Tombi
- Joey Richter as Themba
- D.B. Sweeney as
- Catherine Tate as Nora
- Liam Neeson as Phango
- Ben Vereen as Mkhulu
- Greg Ellis as Thabo
- Alexander Polinsky as Nigel
- Jennifer Cody as Fifi
- Juanita Jennings as Zuki
- Sam Riegel as Jock