Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a video game published by Nintendo, following a young angel (Pit) and the Goddess of Light he loyally serves (Lady Palutena), in their efforts to defeat the evil Underworld Army and protect humanity. Their quest brings them into contact with a collection of heroes and villains, including Magnus, the swordsman, Medusa, the queen of the Underworld and Dark Pit, a moody doppleganger who both helps and hinders Pit. The game features multiple scenarios covered chapter by chapter, where cinemtatic dialogue between characters plays usually without interrupting gameplay.
Please note: This article may contain spoilers for those who have yet to complete the game.
- Listen well, Medusa. Your days of darkness are numbered. Prepare to meet the light!
- (Early line spoken by Pit, protagonist of the story)
- 1 Chapter 1 - The Return of Palutena
- 2 Chapter 2 - Magnus and the Dark Lord
- 3 Chapter 3 - Heads of the Hewdraw
- 4 Chapter 6 - Dark Pit
- 5 Chapter 7 - The Seafloor Palace
- 6 Chapter 11 - Viridi, Goddess of Nature
- 7 Chapter 15 - Mysterious Invaders
- 8 Chapter 16 - The Aurum Hive
- 9 Chapter 21 - The Chaos Vortex
- 10 Chapter 25 - The War's End
- 11 Dialogue about weapons
- 12 Extra/Secret dialogue
- 13 External links
Chapter 1 - The Return of Palutena
- Pit: Sorry to keep you waiting! It's been too long Lady Palutena..!
Palutena: We can chat later Pit, but now it's time to fight. The Underworld army is invading!
Pit: (Being ambushed by an enemy) Whoa! You weren't kidding. If these are Underworld troops, are you saying Medusa's been-?
Palutena: Resurrected, yes. Though the Goddess of Darkness was defeated long ago, she's back now. And as the Goddess of Light, it's my duty to protect humanity from her.
Pit: Eh, you worry too much!
- Pit: Do you hear that? Do you hear the people's cheers?! They're celebrating the return of the Goddess Palutena!
- Medusa: What better way to celebrate my return, than with a festive, little bloodbath? After all, I have been gone twenty-five years.
- Pit: Twinbellows?!
Palutena: The Underworld's faithful watchdog!
Pit: Old Pit's gonna teach you some NEW tricks. Now play dead!
Chapter 2 - Magnus and the Dark Lord
- Pit: Ugh, this weather's nasty...
Palutena: Yes, but your next mission can't wait. You must defeat Dark Lord Gaol.
Pit: Heh heh, Dark Lord? Seriously? Hasn't the Dark Lord thing been done to death?
Palutena: He's earned it. He's working for Medusa. Her forces are coming from HIS castle. A human army is going to fight him, but they don't stand a chance.
Pit: So what you're saying is you need a brave hero to face the Dark Lord?
Palutena: I suppose it IS an old story, but don't forget this is the Underworld Army we're dealing with, and anybody with the title Dark Lord isn't going to be some low level minion.
Pit: So what are we talking about here? Mini-boss? Final boss? Well, whatever. I hope this Dark Lord's ready for a hot plate of punishment!
- Palutena: Dark Lord Gaol's castle is up ahead.
Pit: But... But what about that wall?
Palutena: Don't worry, I'll help you over.
Pit: (suddenly flying vertically at high speed) WhooooooooooaaaaaAAAAAAAAA! G-G Force in my faaaaaaaaace!!
Palutena: It's fun, right?
- Palutena: He's using this castle as a stronghold for Underworld monsters. Monsters designed to reek havoc and sow sadness... Are you excited?!
Pit: *tuts* Yeah. It's like a birthday party where everyone wants to kill me.
- Palutena: He (Magnus) may not be made of the sturdiest moral fibre, but that's fine with me.
Pit: I'm surprised you feel that way.
Palutena: Humans are driven by desire. It's convinient to know what bait they'll chase!
Pit: That's kinda cold, but I guess it makes sense...
Magnus: Hey. If you're chatting with your precious goddess, give her a message from me. Tell her she's been sleeping on the job. My world's on the brink of collapse!
Palutena: I take it back. This guy's a jerk.
Chapter 3 - Heads of the Hewdraw
- Left Hewdraw Head: I never noticed this before, but you really have a certain "Je ne sais quoi."
Pit: I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Left Hewdraw Head: It's French... for I'M GONNA EAT YOU!
- Middle Hewdraw Body: Look how far you've come Pit. I'm proud of you... (disappears)
Pit: Huh... You don't normally meet such nice bosses.
- Right Hewdraw Body: B-Before I die, I just wanna say- (disappears)
Pit: And that's the end of him!
Palutena: I wonder what he was going to say?
Chapter 6 - Dark Pit
- Palutena: Somewhere within these ruins is Pittoo.
Pit: Um... Gesundheit?
Palutena: No, Pittoo. As in Pit-Two. As in Dark Pit. Pretty good nickname I came up with, huh?
Pit: But not as great as Ptooey, right? Riiiiiiight?
- Pittoo (Dark Pit): Bring it, puppet!
Pit: Who're you calling a puppet?!
Pittoo: Palutena says "Jump" you jump. She says "Fight" you fight. It sounds like a very satisfying existence... for her that is.
Pit: I have absolute faith in Lady Palutena!
Pittoo: The Mirror of Truth doesn't lie. I'm a reflection of your true self, so maybe your faith in her isn't quite so absolute after all?
Pit: What would YOU know about faith, you treacherous black heart?! Lady Palutena always guides me the right way, that's why I follow her. And the Mirror of Truth you mentionned? It's nothing more than a pane of lies! Pandora was just using it as bait.
Pittoo: Looks like I touched a nerve. Methinks the puppet doth protest too much...
Pit: Oh will you give it a rest already?!
Pittoo: Ok, fine. Do what you want... or rather keep doing what SHE wants. But I for one refuse to be a puppet. These wings take me where I want to go.
Chapter 7 - The Seafloor Palace
- Tanatos: Oh goodie! Guests! Protecting an impregnable fortress can get awfully lonely!
Palutena: Is that you Tanatos?
Thanatos: Actually, I go by "Thanatos" now. The extra H is for HAMAZING!
Pit: ...Have we met before?
Thanatos: I'm wounded, truely I am. I know it's been a while, but surely you haven't forgotten your old foe.
Pit: Sorry...there are just so many foes and only one of me.
Palutena: You know we've crushed Medusa's other commanders, Thanatos. Just give us the key to the Underworld, and we won't be forced to harm you.
Thanatos: Hoo hoo hoo! Impatient as always, I see! But since you've come all this way...wouldn't you like to stay and catch up for a bit? Oh, pretty please?
Palutena: So you're not going to give up the key.
Thanatos: No need to get all huffy now! I'll have you know that I much prefer honey to vinegar. And I prefer witty repartee to any condiment!
Pit: This is getting nowhere. Our goal here is to track down Medusa, right?
Palutena: Yes, Thanatos is basically Medusa's right-hand man. That's why he has the only key to the Underworld.
Thanatos: I have no such thing! None whatsoever! Honestly. HONESTLY.
Pit: How did THIS guy get to be Medusa's second in command?
Palutena: Beats me. Seniority?
Thanatos: Helloooo? It's rude to exclude!
Pit: Okay, if Thanatos won't give up the key, we'll have to take it from him.
Palutena: The longer we wait, the more we have to lose. We need to strike soon. We only have a little way to go, so buckle down.
Pit: I'm buckled and ready!
Thanatos: Yoo hoo! Can you hear me? I'd like to be a part of this conversation please!
Pit: Shut it already!
Thanatos: Me? But you've been talking this whole game!
Chapter 11 - Viridi, Goddess of Nature
- Pit: Good! There are survivors!
Palutena: They're a stubborn bunch hanging on like that. Set as many free as you can.
Pit: Uh... stubborn?
Palutena: Oh! I didn't mean it like that..!
Viridi: Maybe what you meant to say was "insignificant?"
- Pit: (while fighting Cragalanche) Guy dosn't talk much, does he?
Viridi: He's a rock. Last I checked, they're more the strong, silent type. Tell you what - I'll do the talking for him. CRAGALANCHE CRUSH!
- Pit: It looks like there's a weak spot on his butt!
Viridi: Wha-? Aw, he was supposed to get that fixed!
Pit: It's butt kicking time... literally.
Viridi: Oh shut up, you're not funny at all.
Chapter 15 - Mysterious Invaders
- Pit: Hey look! An Exo-Tank!
Hades: Hey look! Who cares?!
- Pit: Woo-hoo-hoo! A hot-spr-! (the hot spring is carried away on a platform) Where's it going?! Get back here hot spring!
Paltuena: Don't worry, there are stairs to your right that'll take you to it.
Pit: I love you, hot spring!!
- Pit: (attacked by a Mimicutie enemy) No, no, no, no, no, no...
Hades: What elegance! What grace! What disturbing brutality..!
Pit: No, no, no, no, no, no!!
Chapter 16 - The Aurum Hive
- Viridi: None of these battleships seem to have a helm...
Palutena: And I'm not detecting any lifeforms in the ships either.
Viridi: Something has to be controlling them!
Hades: (in a robotic voice) We are from outer spaaaaaaaaace.
Palutena: Yes, yes. You're hilarious.
- Hades: Don't curse the darkness. Light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. Like THIS!! (slams an Aurum ship right into the hull of the Hive)
Viridi: That. Was. AWESOME.
- Palutena: Look, an Aether Ring.
Viridi It's probably just another cheap, Aurum knock-off.
Pit: I don't care. If it works I'm gonna use it. I'm an angel, and this is how we get things done.
Viridi: No, that's how scavengers get things done. Are you a buzzard, Pit?
Palutena: Now, now. I think we can all agree that Pit's not a buzzard... Though I have seen him eat some questionable things off the ground.
Pit: "Floor Ice Cream" gives you health!!
Chapter 21 - The Chaos Vortex
- Dark Pit: Then it's time.
Pit: Time for what?
Dark Pit: Our pre-boss-battle rallying cry!
Pit: Oh, right. OK. Ahem. Filth of the land, hear our words!
Dark Pit: And see our actions!
Pit: I am Pit, servant of the goddess of light!
Dark Pit: And I am Dark Pit, servant to no other but myself!
Pit and Dark Pit: Together we will rain death upon you!
Dark Pit: So, anyone who wants to die, step right up!
Pit: And anyone who doesn't want to die, too bad!
Pit and Dark Pit: Aw, yeah!
- Pit: Viridi! I need to fly!
Viridi: You already used the Power of Flight, don't you remember? If I enable it again now, your wings will catch fire!
Pit: The Chaos Kin is going to destroy Pittoo! Can't you see what's at stake here? I don't care if my wings catch fire!
Viridi: No way, just forget it. I'm pulling you out!
Pit: No! Stop! If we don't help him right now, we won't get another chance. I'm begging you Viridi... Let me fly! NOW!
Viridi: Ugh, fine but whatever happens to you isn't my fault! Hang in there Pit, be strong!
Dark Pit: Help me...!
Pit screams in pain as he catches up to, and rescues Dark Pit, and Viridi pulls him to safety
Dark Pit: H-How's Pit?
Viridi: Pit... Pit's in bad shape. He can't fly. He's barely breathing. (Palutena approaches Pit, and holds him in her arms) Palutena? What are you doing?
Pit (flashback) My wish would be to fly by myself.
Pit (flashback) I'll return to Skyworld victorious!
Palutena: Oh, Pit...
Chapter 25 - The War's End
- Hades: Good thing I've been training!
Viridi: It's kinda like watching an elephant sprint!
Dialogue about weapons
- Palutena: Bows are a really good fit for you.
Pit:: Yeah, I've been using them for a long time. I used them in the last Brawl.
Palutena:: Brawl? How horrible! Were you hurt?
Pit:: No way, it was a smash!
Palutena:: I just can't imagine you in a melee.
Pit:: ...That's because I wasn't.
- Viridi: I see you're using a cannon, Pit.
Pit: Now THIS is a weapon worthy of the gods!
Viridi:: Oh, because gods loooove grenade launchers.
Pit: "What" launchers? I don't know what you're talking about.
Viridi: A weapon that launches explosive rounds. It won't be long before humans get their hands on these as well...
Pit: They can't be trusted with this technology! They'd go around shooting everything!
Viridi: Do you not see the irony in what you just said?
- Pit: Aw, geez. She (Medusa) was a huge pain twenty-five years ago... and that was only in two dimensions!
- Viridi: I wish I had an angel to do my bidding. It's like having an Intern.
Pit: I'm not an intern! I'm a messenger of the gods!
Viridi: Poor Pit. Don't you know that the definition of angel is "errand spirit?"
Pit: That's a lie. Right Lady Palutena? I'm not your personal assisstant!
Palutena: ...I could use a coffee.
Pit: Sure thing. Cream and two sugars, right?