Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This on article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I don't think you can write according to a set of rules and laws; every writer is so different.
- I feel as comfortable anywhere as I feel uncomfortable anywhere
- I do think that the modern India does belong to writers who are living in India.
- New York is a lovely city. It is an easy city to go back to and an easy city to leave. Every time I go there I immediately make travel plans.
- The Indian diaspora is a wonderful place to write from and I am lucky to be part of it.
- "I am envious of writers who are in India" (October 30, 2006), Interview by Nabanita Sircar, India Today
- In India, if you are from the elite, dogs are extremely important. The breed of the dog indicates your wealth, that you are westernized. The cook, another human being, is on a much lower level than your dog. You see this all the time.