Kit Kittredge: An American Girl
Kit Kittredge: An American Girl is a 2008 American comedy-drama film about on the American Girl character Kit Kittredge, who lives in Cincinnati, Ohio during the Great Depression. The film is the first in the American Girl film series to have a theatrical release; the first three were television movies. The film was New Line's first film to be rated G by the MPAA since the 1998 theatrical re-release of 1939's Gone with the Wind.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [places a letter inside her blouse] I'll give this to Mr. Berk later...
- I'm sorry.. we were trying to be like Robin Hood- you know, steal from the rich to give to the poor. But...technically, all we were doing was stealing from the rich... and the poor... and keeping it for ourselves. That's what we did, really.
- Kit Kittredge: [very serious] Do you swear allegiance to the Treehouse Club?
- Florence Stone: [solemn] I do.
- Kit Kittredge: And if the Ninth Street Club asks you to join their club?
- Florence Stone: I will laugh in their faces.
- Frances Stone: [whispering] Florence! You're *supposed* to say, 'I will decline'!
- Florence Stone: Oh. [very seriously] I will decline... and laugh.
- Mr. Berk: I've never levitated a mobile librarian before.
- May Dooley: Have you ever levitated a dance instructor before?
- Mr. Berk: Yes, but that's a long story.
- Kit Kittredge: [very serious] We are one.
- [Monkey sticks its hand in the bowl]
- Stirling Howard: One with a monkey! Don't tell my mother!