Jump to navigation Jump to search
Knight-mare Hare is a 1955 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies theatrical cartoon directed by Chuck Jones and written by Tedd Pierce and starring Bugs Bunny. In the short, an apple falls on Bugs' head, transporting him back to King Arthur's England.
- Bugs Bunny: And thus it transpired that they came together in mortal combat and each vowed to undo the other. Eh, just washed my ears. And I can't do a thing with 'em. And so, they met, brandying their weapons. And the Black Knight struck Sir Lancelot, such a resounding buffet on the helm that everything went black. [an apple falls from a tree and hits him on the head, transporting him to medieval times] Well, everything certainly is black all right. It sure gets dark suddenly this time of year. I wonder where my hole is. Whoops! What the... Eep! Eh, what's up, Duke?
- Sir O of Kay: Surrender, varlet. Thou art the prisoner of me lance.
- Bugs Bunny: I art? And whomsoever art thou, in thy cast-iron tuxedo?
- Sir O of Kay: I, knave, am Sir O of Kay, Earl of Watercress, Sir Osis of the Liver, Knight of the Garter, and Baron of Wooster-cester-shister-shyster-schuster-shuster-shister-shire...shire.
- Bugs Bunny: My, he's a big one! Hey, look, pressure cooker. I bet you know a lot of my friends. Ooh! Like, uh, Duke of Ellington, Count of Basie, Earl of Hines, Cab of Calloway, Satchmo of Armstrong.
- Sir O of Kay: Upstarts and rogues. Never heard of them.
- Bugs Bunny: Oh! Rogues, eh?! Upstarts, eh?! Look, Sir Rup of Figs, don't you go around insulting my friends, or I shall get me a can opener and open thee up like a can of solid pack tomatoes!
- Sir O of Kay: What?! Wouldst tilt with me?!
- Bugs Bunny: Tilt with thee I will, and I won't wilt! Just lend me a weapon, that's all! That's all!
- Sir O of Kay: Very well, thou stupid scoundrel. Prepare to meet thy fate!
- Bugs Bunny: Putting that eight ball in the side pocket is all very well, but it still don't explain what I'm doing in this booby hatchery, or how I'm getting out. Do you smell brimstone? Oh, boy, what big horny toads they do have around here. Maybe the person, who lives in this silo, can tell me where I'm at and how to get out of being at here.
- Merlin of Monroe: Come right in. How do you do? My name is Merlin. I'm a sorcerer.
- Bugs Bunny: You are? Really? A sorcerer? Hey, come on, let's see you sauce, huh? Please, huh? Please?
- Merlin of Monroe: Why, of course. Anything to oblige a guest.
- Bugs Bunny: You know, uh, that's a good trick, Merle, old girl. Eh, could you do this one? Hey, uh, Merle. [douses Merlin with magic powder, turning him into a horse, he tried to zip out of this horse transformation, but, to no avail] Well, that gives him a hobby, but I still ain't no nearer to my natural habitat. Whoops! Well, why not? After all, they've laughed at the man when he discovered penicillin. [tosses the apple and it hits his head and he’s transported back home] Wow! What a relief! Thank goodness that was all... just... a... nightmare? Nah. Impossible. Couldn't be him.
- Farmer: All right, Merlin. Giddyap. Get along, now.