Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kudzanai-Violet Hwami (born 1993) is a Zimbabwean painter who lives and works in London, England.
- The act of using collage is helpful as a reminder of the fragility of the human condition.
-  Kudzanai-Violet interview with cultured Magazine.
- In essence, the exhibition is about me… trying to find myself in these images. A lot of the people in the photographs are not people I was close to, you know, growing up. But they sort of played a role in influencing the way I think.
-  Kudzanai-Violet Hwami on what inspires her painting.
- I allowed myself to learn from them instead of imposing ideas of how I wanted Zimbabwe to be.
-  Kudzanai-Violet interview with Michael Armitage on her view about Zimbabwe.
- The beauty of being a child of the diaspora is that we are able to reinvent ourselves and what it means to be African.
-  Kudzanai-Violet Hwami during her solo exhibition in London, United Kingdom.