Lars Løkke Rasmussen
Lars Løkke Rasmussen (born 15 May 1964) served as Prime Minister of Denmark between 2009 and 2011 and between 2015 and 2019. He was the centre-right Liberal party, Venstre, and later founded the Moderates. He currently is serving as Minister of Foreign Affairs under Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen.
- Global Warming knows no border. It does not discriminate. It affects us all. And we are here today, because we are all committed to take action.
- From his opening address at United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen December 7, 2009.
- Growth and prosperity. These are the blocks with which we must build our welfare society.
- From the Opening Address to the Folketing (The Danish Parliament) on Tuesday 6 October 2009.
- It is my ambition that parents can send their children to school with the prospects that they are as interested and excited to learn on their last day of school as they were on the very first.
- From his New Year Address (1 January 2010).
- I know that some people in the U.S. associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism... Therefore, I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy... The Nordic model is an expanded welfare state which provides a high level of security to its citizens, but it is also a successful market economy with much freedom to pursue your dreams and live your life as you wish.
- "Nordic Solutions and Challenges: A Danish Perspective" (October 2015), speech to Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.