Last words in Castlevania series games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Following is a collection of last words spoken by characters in all Castlevania video games.
Character deaths across multiple versions
- Tell me... What... what were Lisa's last words? [Alucard: She said: "Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm. For theirs is already a hard lot. She also said that she would love you for all eternity.] Lisa... forgive me! Farewell, my son!
- Prepare to cower before the true shape of Dracula!
- It is a wasted effort. I will never truly be gone. So long as there is darkness and desire in the soul of man, I will continue to be revived.
- I will now fade from this world, but I will find some pleasure in this... with the cursed powers of yours, destiny calls you to hunt for all eternity
- Say what you will. But I can see it... One day my power will be fully revived! [Jonathan Morris: Fully or not, you're never, ever going to win] I look forward to seeing who will have the last laugh.
- But this power is... NO! It can't be my--
- Who: Dracula
- Sources: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia respectively.
- Notes: His first line is spoken to his son Alucard after losing to him; Lisa is his lover, who was killed by humans. Despite apparently dying after saying these lines, Dracula is revived until he is permanently defeated in 1999.
- Cocksure youth! I'll wait for you in hell! Be sure I will keep a warm place for you!!
- You're too late. The castles will soon merge together!
- My power... use my power!
- Who: Death
- Sources: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, respectively.
- Notes: After saying the first line, character is pulled into Hell. When saying the second line, character is referring to Dracula's castle being split into two parallel halves, which he hopes to fuse together. He says the third line after Jonathan and Charlotte defeat him and Dracula in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Dracula then uses an ability known as "Soul Steal" to take Death's power, and becomes True Dracula.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- So the war between humans and vampires finally ends here... [Alucard: .......] What need for the shepherd when the wolves are all gone? My time on this world has come to an end.
- Who: Richter Belmont
- Notes: Character dies after fighting Alucard. His death most likely is not canon, though; he survives in the game's "true" ending.
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
- It can't be! You have defeated me! Me! Me!!!
- Who: Actrise
- Notes: Character, a vain witch, has been defeated by Carrie.
- Darkness will rule! Die, weak fool!
- Who: Gilles de Rais/Dracula's Servant
- Notes: Character seems to be Dracula at first, but is revealed as an impersonator in the game's "true" ending.
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
- Your precious Master and friend will...
- Who: Camilla
- Notes: Character has been defeated by Nathan, but gloats that the rite to restore Dracula's full power is nearly complete before dying.
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
- Thank you Juste... For I did truly desire to be felled by your hand... [Juste: Maxim!] I wanted to free you from your cursed fate... [Juste: That's enough. There's no need to speak of anything else.] Take care of Lydie, will you...
- So this is goodbye... With that cursed strength of yours, you'd better hunt down Dracula forever!
- Who: Maxim Kischine
- Notes: Character had been possessed by Dracula, forcing Juste to fight him. The first quote is said in the game's "normal" ending, if the player fights Maxim in Castle A, where the "good" side of Maxim succumbs to Dracula's influence. His evil side says the second quote if the player fights him in Castle B, after taunting Juste that Lydie will die when he does. Maxim survives if certain conditions are met in the final battle, and the player earns the game's "true ending."
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Tha...that's not... NOOO!!!
- NO! This cannot be! Does that mean I'm not Dracula?!
- Who: Graham
- Notes: Character, who believes himself to be Dracula, says the first quote if the player does not find and equip a certain combination of souls during the battle against him. If the player equips the specific combination, he says the second quote, and after the battle, it is revealed that Soma is a reincarnation of Dracula.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- Wh-Why? I brought you back into this world...
- Soma Cruz, I take back what I have said to you. It seems that death is your only destiny.
- Who: Celia Fortner.
- Notes: In an alternative ending to the game, Soma succumbs to the darkness within him, becoming the Dark Lord and killing Celia, who had worked to bring about his return. She says the first quote after he mortally wounds her. She says the second quote the last time she sees Soma, after he fails to become the Dark Lord and it is revealed that Dmitrii has the power of dominance. Dmitrii then sacrifices her before Soma catches up with him.
- I am the chosen one! I am the dark lord! I shall not succumb to the power! Wroooooooaaaah! [Soma: It's useless, you can't control it.] Gwroaaah! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- Who: Dmitrii Blinov
- Notes: Character has attempted to dominate a powerful demon, but loses control of his darkness and unleashes the game's final boss.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- I just... I just wanted to protect my family.
- Who: Brauner
- Notes: Character, a vampire, has been defeated by Jonathan and Charlotte. He is talking about Stella and Loretta, whom he had turned into vampires and brainwashed into believing that they were his daughters, after losing his own (he claims they were the reincarnations of his daughters). After he says this, Death strikes him down, and he screams before vanishing.
- Stop it! STOP IT PLEASE!
- Now that Dracula's Castle is gone, I'll soon vanish. I have one last request, though. My daughters...
- I'm truly glad I could see you both at the moment of my death. Live for all you're worth. And you, Jonathan, Charlotte... I truly am grateful.
- Who: Eric LeCarde
- Notes: Character says the first line after his two daughters, Stella and Loretta, are turned into vampires at the end of the Sisters mode- he is badly wounded, and dies some time before the start of the main quest, existing as a ghost. He says the second line in the "bad" ending if the player defeats Stella and Loretta without purifying them- he fails to complete his request before vanishing. He says the third line in the "good" ending, first speaking to his daughters, then to Jonathan and Charlotte, the heroes of the quest, before fading away.
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- Beautiful. I... I can finally...
- Who: Albus
- Notes: First line is screamed after being killed by Shanoa. His spirit then speaks to Shanoa after she absorbs the Dominus Glyph. Second line is said before he fades away as a ghost.
- ...I will give my life to undo the seal, Master. Return to us, Lord Dracula!
- Who: Barlowe
- Notes: Said before using all of his powers to break the seal on Dracula's prison, killing himself in the process. Character was insane, thinking that mankind wanted Dracula's return because of their longing for darkness.
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
- Thank you, Leon...
- Who: Sara Trantoul
- Notes: Said at the end of the ritual to create the Vampire Killer whip, which required a vampire's soul. Sara offered herself, as she had been bitten by Walter Bernhard, the game's main antagonist.
- You betrayed me?!
- Who: Walter Bernhard
- Notes: Said to Death, who he believed was working for him. Death then takes Walter's soul and offers it to his (Death's) true master, Mathias Cronqvist.
- She was a witch! (Blue Fangs:Lies? In your house of God? No wonder he has abandoned you, but we love you.) What?!
- Who: The Bishop
- Notes: Said when trying to defend his actions that lead to Lisa's burning death. But the monster Blue Fangs offers to "kiss him", therefore biting the corrupt Bishop to death.
- The Speakers brought this upon us!
- Who: Stave Priest
- Notes: Said claiming the Speakers brought Dracula's hordes to attack Gresit, but Trevor counters "No they didn't, and you know it. The Speakers stayed here to offer aid; It was your bishop you brought all this down on us, your bishop who started it all by killing a defenseless woman! You would have made murderers out of these people, but the only one here who isn't innocent... is you...!" Then the angry townspeople of Gresit cut the priest to death for his comeuppance.
- There's an army of us; An army from hell!
- Who: Blue Fangs
- Notes: Said after Sypha impales him with her ice magic. Trevor shuts him up by using his whip to cut his face in two.
- It's not betrayal. Unless the old man decides to be difficult about it.
- Who: Godbrand
- Notes: Said when thinking about mutiny against Dracula. Isaac decides to kill him himself cutting his throat and replies to him "Thank you for revealing to me how the corruption of the world has made its way into Dracula's court. Thank you for showing me the truth." Isaac then burns the general alive.