Last words in Superman media
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Following is a list of last words from various Superman media.
- Oh no...
- Who: Johnathan "Pa" Kent
- Note: Dies of a heart attack shortly after Clark Kent (Christopher Reeve) gets home and asks his father to race him to the barn.
Superman II (1980)
- Now take my hand, and swear eternal loyalty to Zod.
- Who: General Zod (Terrence Stamp)
- Note: After Superman enters a area of the Fortress of Solitude, where he, Zod and his assistants Non and Ursa are, as well as Lex Luthor and Lois Lane, Zod assumes Superman's powers were drained when he entered a power-debriefing room. He then asks Superman to kneel before him and take his hand. Superman does so, but he still has his powers, where as Zod does not, and he is knocked into the abyss.
Superman III (1983)
- You always wanted to fly, Kent?! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!
- Who: Evil Superman
- Note: Superman's negative side created by Gus Gorman's tar-laced Kryptonite. Clark Kent splits free from the Evil Superman, and the evil side gloats this while trying to kill the good half. In the end, Clark strangles the negative Superman and he vanishes.
Superman Returns (2006)
- You've shown me pleasures I've never known before. That's why you deserve everything. I love you, Lex Luthor...
- Who: Gertrude (the old woman in the opening)
- Note: Died of natural causes. The words she was speaking was of her making out her will to Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey). He then leaves the premises of Gertrude's mansion when she dies.
- I would trade one hundred thousand coconuts and every ounce of your blood for a quart of gasoline!
- Who: Lex Luthor
- Note: Said out of frustration to his partner when she tells him she's found some coconuts to eat after their helicopter runs out of gasoline, leaving them stranded on a desert island. They may or may not have died, and even if they did, these may not have been Luthor's last words.
Man of Steel (2013)
- We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries. And he will be free. Free to forge his own destiny.
- Who: Jor-El
- Note: While near to send his son Kal-El to Earth, Jor says these words before fighting Zod and, after Lara successfully launches the spacecraft with Kal and the Codex in it, Zod stabs and kills him.
- Make a better world than ours, Kal.
- Who: Lara Lor-Van
- Note: After placing her husband's corpse into a burial chamber, she watches as Krypton is destroyed and says these words before she dies with the rest of her people.
- Get your mom to the overpass.
- Who: Jonathan Kent
- Note: Saying these words to Clark before keeping him from saving his life to protect his secret as a Kryptonian and letting himself engulfed by the Tornado.
- A good death is its own reward.
- Who: Colonel Nathan Hardy
- Note: Colonel Hardy quotes what Faora said to him earlier then traps himself, her and the rest of Zod's forces in the Phantom Zone.
- Who: General Zod
- Note: While General Zod and Superman were battling each other throughout Metropolis, Zod (infuriated that Superman managed to send his terraformers and his fellow Kryptonians back into the Phantom Zone) attempts to murder a family of four with his heat vision. Superman, holding Zod by the neck, pleads for Zod to stop his madness, but Zod refuses, and Superman is forced to kill Zod by snapping his neck.
Superman: Doomsday (2007)
- LexCorp was never there.
- Who: Mercy Grants
- Note: She said that before Lex shot her and said, "And neither were you."
- I have rights! I have nothing to say to you.(Dark Superman: How about goodbye?)
- Who: Toyman
- Note: Some time before Superman died, he faced the Toyman in a battle. Now, as Lex Luthor's Dark Superman is charged with Metropolis, he confronts the Toyman as the criminal is being arrested. When Dark Superman flies off with him, Toyman says that before Dark Superman drops him to his death from high above the city where he lands on a police car.
- Protect... the people...(Superman: It's why I'm here)
- Who: Dark Superman
- Note: After Superman vaporizes the kryptonite canister (which was stuck in Dark Superman's chest because of the oil), Dark Superman says these words before dying.
- Everything...go dark...hello, Superman...hello...
- Who: Bizarro
- Note: In this universe, Bizarro became determined to prove himself a "perfect" imperfect duplicate of Superman. To this end, he committed suicide with blue kryptonite, as Superman was living.
- Who: Mister Mxyzptlk
- Note: This incarnation of Mxyzptlk was decidedly more evil than others, and so set about a cataclysmic chain of events. Superman eventually caught the sorcerer and threatened him with the Phantom Zone Projector. Mxyzptlk panicked and attempted to say his name backwards to return to the Fifth Dimension just as Superman fired the Projector, which caught the imp between two dimensions and tore him apart.
The Death of Superman (1992)
- Doomsday...Is he...is he...
- Who: Superman
- Note: Asks this to Lois Lane after he finally defeats Doomsday in Metropolis. Superman, fatally wounded by his prolonged battle with Doomsday, then falls unconscious and later dies, but is later resurrected.