Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lauren Hutton (born November 17, 1943) is an American model and actress.
- …I looked the word up in the dictionary – I have had little formal instruction, what I know I have learned by reading, travelling, picking the right friends and the right lovers – and I told myself that I have always persevered...
- On embodying the concept of perseverance in “Interview with Lauren Hutton” in Vogue Magazine (2017 Oct 5)
- …When I was 47 I returned to modelling (Ed: for Revlon as well) and I asked that my photos shouldn’t be retouched. Women stopped me on the street and told me that for a long time they felt ignored and invisible and seeing me in magazines made them feel that they weren’t invisible anymore…
- On continuing to model in middle-age and her demands in “Interview with Lauren Hutton” in Vogue Magazine (2017 Oct 5)
- I was attracted to money. I was attracted to the idea of doing what I wanted to do, which was not being a little Southern girl like little Southern girls were for the last, you know, 300 years, but to instead see what it was like to go all over the world and what it was like to be with different people in different places and to see what their lives were like...
- On why she started modeling in “The Iconoclast: Lauren Hutton in Interview Magazine (2013 Aug 28)
- They have a lot of sayings in Charleston (Hutton's hometown), and one of them is, "beauty is as beauty does." And in order to stay alive and make a bunch of money, I had to hopefully do both. But I had to let the beauty thing go. Beauty is as beauty does.
- On how she defines beauty in “'I have a lot of love': Lauren Hutton on beauty, weight and sex in your 70s” in Today (2016 Feb 2)