Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lauren Vélez (born November 2, 1964) is an American actress.
- …What’s different on TV and film is that you get to grow into it even in the scene. Because you do various takes and you start with one idea, and you work on it – but the one thing that you never know is how it’s going to affect that other person’s energy. It’s been very organic for the both of us in terms of how the dynamic between the two characters has developed.
- On working on television in “Boricua Actress Luna Vélez on Working With Viola Davis and Her ‘HTGAWM’ Character’s Dark Past”in Remezcla (2016)
- …Everything comes in waves and sometimes I do feel like there’s a lot more coming than there used to be, but the business itself has changed. In some ways the cult of celebrity has taken over rather than looking for really talented actors. And that’s a completely different trend that completely impacts who you watch and what types of show you’re seeing…
- On how acting has changed for her in “Boricua Actress Luna Vélez on Working With Viola Davis and Her ‘HTGAWM’ Character’s Dark Past”in Remezcla (2016)
- If I take my origin story as a first generation Latina straddling between 'La Isla' [the island, referring to Puerto Rico] and New York, 'Spider-Verse' shows me the connective tissue that makes me proud of my culture and roots in both places.
- On how work in the animated film Spider-Verse in "In Marvel's 'Spider-Verse', Spider-Man's mom is alive and Puerto Rican" in NBC News (2018 Dec 13)
- I think your origin is important, not only because it defines who you are, but also because it shows what you have in common with others.
- On how everyone has an origin of self in "In Marvel's 'Spider-Verse', Spider-Man's mom is alive and Puerto Rican" in NBC News (2018 Dec 13)