The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is an action-adventure game video game in The Legend of Zelda series, released in 1998 on Nintendo 64 and considered by many fans to be one of the greatest video games ever made. In it, the player controls the young Link as he travels from his village in the woods across the fantasy land of Hyrule to stop Ganondorf, king of a desert tribe, from gathering three sacred stones and obtaining the Triforce, a sacred wish granting relic.
- [after slashing an enemy]
- [while jumping] HUP!
- [while falling or when frightened]
- [when tapping Epona with whip] Hai! Hiyah!
- [after taking damage from a fall as Young Link]
- [after taking damage from a fall as Adult Link]
- Watch out!
- Would you like to talk to Saria?
- Really? Would you like to talk to me instead?
- Great Deku Tree, I'm back.
- Hello, Link. Wake up. The Great Deku Tree wants to talk to you! Link, get up! Hey, c'mon! Can Hyrule's destiny really depend on such a lazy boy? (Link sits up, yawns, and sits on his bed) You finally woke up! I'm Navi the fairy. The Great Deku Tree asked me to be your partner from now on. Nice to meet you!
- Look, Link! You're big now!!! You've grown up!
- It looks like this item doesn't work here...
- ?? No response. He's still asleep...
- Link! I can't help you! Because of the waves of darkness, I can't get close! I'm sorry, Link!
- There's no way he's going to hold me back again! This time, we fight together!
- Should we believe what Sheik told us and go to Kakariko village?
- WHAAAAT!!! Look at all those flags! Can you figure out which ones are real?
- ! Who...? Who are you? How did you get past the guards?
- (upon hearing you say you'll tell other people) C'mon, don't be a blabbermouth!
- Just as I thought.
- (before teaching the Minuet of Forest) The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...
- Ganondorf, pitiful man, without a strong righteous mind, he could not control the power of the gods.
- Let's get the Triforce before Ganondorf does and then defeat him.
- I've been waiting for you, Hero of Time.
- Do you see the man with evil eyes?
- Six sages, now!
- (before teaching the Bolero of Fire) It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger through time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you'll know which way to go...
- (before teaching the Serenade of Water) Time passes, people move...Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...
- When evil rules all, an awakening voice from from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages who dwell in the five temples.
- Thank you, Link... Thanks to you, Ganondorf has been sealed inside the Evil Realm! Thus, peace will once again reign in this world... for a time. All the tragedy that has befallen Hyrule was my doing... I was so young... I could not comprehend the consequences of trying to control the Sacred Realm. I dragged you into it, too. Now it is time for me to make up for my mistakes... You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time... However, by doing this, the road between times will be closed... Link, give the Ocarina to me... As a Sage, I can return you to your original time with it. When peace returns to Hyrule... It will be time for us to say good-bye... Now, go home, Link. Regain your lost time! Home... where you are supposed to be... the way you are supposed to be... (she plays Zelda's Lullaby, a blue crystal encases Link and lifts him up) Thank you... Link... Good-bye.
- (after Link gets attacked by a Shadow) Looks like you're coming around.
- What's your name? ...Link... Strange, it sounds... familiar. Okay, Link...
- I've been waiting for you, Hero of Time... When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples.
One in a deep forest... One on a high mountain... One under a vast lake... One within the house of the dead... One inside a goddess of the sand... Together with the Hero of Time, the awakened ones will bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world. This is the legend of the temples passed down by my people, the Sheikah. I am Sheik. Survivor of the Sheikahs... As I see you standing there, holding the mythical Master Sword, you really do look like the legendary Hero of Time... If you believe the legend, you have no choice. You must look for the five temples and awaken the five Sages.... One is waiting for the time of awakening in the Forest Temple. The Sage is a girl I am sure you know... Because of the evil power in the temple, she cannot hear the awakening call from the Sacred Realm... Unfortuantly, equipped as you currently are, you cannot even enter the temple... But, if you believe what I'm saying, you should head to Kakariko Village... Do you understand, Link?(Link says yes) To save the forest girl, you need another skill... Head to Kakariko Village!
- (before teaching the Prelude of Light)*
You destroyed the wicked creatures that haunted the temple and awakened the Sage... But there are still other Sages who need your help. In order to awaken other sages, you must become more powerful. You must travel over mountains... under water... and even through time... If you want to return to your original time, return the Master Sword to the Pedastal of Time. By doing this, you will travel back in time seven years... The time will come when you will need to return here quickly. I will teach this to you for when that time comes... the song to return you to the Temple of Time... The Prelude of Light...
- The Triforce parts are resonating. They are combining into one again. The two parts that I could not capture on that day seven years ago...I didn't expect that they would be hidden within you two. (evil laugh) These toys are too much for you! I demand you return them to me.
- Heh heh heh... You want a piece of me?! Very funny! I like your attitude!
- YOU... CURSE YOU, ZELDA... CURSE YOU, SAGES... CURSE YOU, Link! Someday when this seal is broken, that is when I will exterminate your descendants. As long as the Triforce of Power is in my hand...
- I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
- [after Link tries to stop Ganondorf from reaching Zelda and Impa, Ganondorf attacks him] Pathetic little fool! Do you know who I am?! I am Ganondorf and soon I will rule the world!
- (after Link beat Phantom Ganon) Hey, kid, you did quite well... It looks like you may be gaining some slight skill... But you have defeated only my phantom... When you fight the real me, it won't be so easy! What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between both dimensions!!
- (before dying) The Great Evil King Ganondorf... beaten by this kid?! (gags) Link....... raaaaahhhhhhhhh!
- Hey you! 'Mr. No Fairy!' What's your business with the Great Deku Tree? Without a fairy, you're not even a real man! What? You've got a fairy? Say what? The Great Deku Tree actually summoned you? Whaaaaaaat?! Why would he summon you and not the Great Mido? I don't believe you! You aren't even fully equipped yet. How do you think you're going to help the Great Deku Tree without both a sword and a shield ready? What? You're right. I don't I have my equipment ready, but if you want to pass, through here, you should at least equip a sword and shield!
- I am the great Mido!
- What's that? Oh. So you've got a Deku Shield... And what's THAT? Is that the Kokiri Sword? GOOD GRIEF!!! Still, even with all that stuff, a wimp is still a wimp, huh? Shoot! How did you get to be the favorite of Saria and the Great Deku Tree? Huh?! Grumble Grumble...
- You killed the Deku Tree? How could you?!
- It seems Saria has turned her eye to you, too.
- Oh...I see... Saria won't ever come back... But...I...I made a promise to Saria... If Link came back, I would be sure to tell him that Saria had been waiting for him... Because Saria...really... liked- hey you. If you see him...I'm sorry for being mean to him. Tell him that, too.
- Oh, you're leaving... I always knew that one day, this day would come. I've always known we're so different, and I'm not sad, because you have a lot ahead of you. I want you to take this. Don't forget me.
- Yahoo! Hi, Link! (Link climbs down from his tree house to Saria) Wow! A fairy! Finally, a fairy came to you, Link! Wow! That's great news! I'm so happy for you! Now you're a true Kokiri, Link! Is that right? The Great Deku Tree has summoned you? It's quite an honor to talk to the Great Deku Tree. I'll wait for you here. Get going! Go see the Great Deku Tree!
- (after you learn Saria's Song) Great! Great! Please don't forget this song! Do you promise? When you want to hear my voice, play Saria's Song. You can talk with me anytime...
- The Forest Barrier is dispelled! Hurry up, Link!
- I've been waiting for you, Link! This is the Sacred Forest Meadow. It's my secret place! I feel... This place will be very important for both of us someday. That's what I feel. If you play the Ocarina here, you can talk with the spirits in the forest. Would you like to play the Ocarina with me? (Link says "yes") Okay. try to follow along with the melody I will play. Are you ready? (she plays Saria's Song)
- Thank you... Because of you, I could awaken as a Sage... I am Saria. The Sage of the Forest Temple... I always believed you would come. Because I know you... No... You don't have to explain it to me... Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world. I will stay here as the Forest Sage and help you... Now, please take this Medallion...
- (after giving Link the Forest Medallion) Saria will always be... your friend...
- Your clothes, they're so different. Wait, are you from the forest, fairy boy?
- My mother composed this song. Isn't it nice? Let's sing it together!
- You have an ocarina?
- It seems like Epona is afraid of you, fairy boy...
- Oh, it's the fairy boy again! I heard you found my dad! How did you like the castle? Did you see the Princess? Hee hee! Dad came home in a hurry after you found him. Hee hee! Oh yeah, I have to introduce you to my friend, fairy boy! She's this horse. Her name is Epona. Isn't she cute?
- (Link with his ocarina out) Oh, cute ocarina! Are you going to play this song with that ocarina? (sings Epona's Song)
- YEES! You did it! What would you like as your prize? How'd you like to marry Malon?
- These three here are SUPER CUCCOS.
- She's really gonna let me have it!
- Mumble... mumble... I'm awake already!
- What in tarnation!?
- I haven't seen you around, kid... What do you want?
- You're just a kid! The temple is no place for kids!
- A Sage? I don't know anyone like that.
- You have nothing to do? What good timing! Can you do me a favor, kid? Wait a second, I want to ask you first--you wouldn't happen to be one of Ganondorf's... followers...would you?
- Wha-ha-ha! Don't try to act cool, kid. I was just asking! A kid like you could never be one of Ganondorf's followers! Well, let's cut to the chase...
- Uh-huh! You've got guts. I think I like you.
- First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Nabooru of the Gerudo. I'm a lone wolf thief. But don't get me wrong! Though we're both thieves, I'm completely different from Ganondorf. With his followers, he stole from women and children, and he even killed people! A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists only of women. Only one man is born every hundred years... Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudo, I'll never bow to such an evil man! By the way, what is your name, kid? Link?! What kind of name is that? Well...anyway... I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans! How about it? Will you do it?
- (after Link agrees to get the Silver Gauntlets) Thanks, kid! You and I, let's give Ganondorf and his followers a big surprise, shall we?
- If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!
- Where are you taking me? Let me go! Link, get out of here! NOW!
- The Spirit Barrier is dispelled! Hurry up, kid!
- Kid, let me thank you. Heheheh... look what the little kid has become in the past seven years-- a competent swordsman! By the way... I really messed up... I was brainwashed by those old witches and used by Ganondorf to do his evil will... But isn't that funny? That a person like me could turn out to be the Sage of Spirit! And now, I'm going to fight them as one of the six Sages! Heh heh... I'm going to pay them back for what they did to me! Kid... No... Link, the Hero of Time! Instead of keeping my promise I made back then, I give you this Medallion!
- (after giving Link the Spirit Medallion) If only I knew you would become such a handsome man, I should have kept the promise I made back then...
- You! Who are you?! I am Ruto, Princess of the Zoras. What?! Are you saying my father asked you to come here to save me? I'd never ask anyone to do such a thing! "Letter in a Bottle?" I have no idea what you're talking about! My father is worried about me? I don't care! Anyway, I can't go home right now. And you... Get out of here! Understand?!
- Are you still hanging around here? I told you to go away! I'm OK. I've been going inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly since I was little, but... Lord Jabu-Jabu is very strange today... There are electrified jellyfish and strange holes around... On top of that, my precious stone was...but... That's none of your business! Anyway... You! Go home now! Understand?!
- You're that worried about me? Then I will give you the honor of carrying me! However...I won't leave until I find the thing I'm looking for. You'd better believe me!
- How inconsiderate! How could you leave me behind?! If you're a man, act like one! Take responsibility!
- That's it! That's what I've been looking for! Throw me up there! Onto the platform!
- Oh my goodness! I finally found... My mother's stone... I got very upset when Lord Jabu-Jabu swallowed it... While I was feeding him, he suddenly swallowed me! I was so surprised I dropped it inside... But, now that I've found it, I don't need to be in here anymore!
- So, take me home, right now!
- You...You're late! What took you so long? You're useless! I was just lonely, that's all... Just a little!!
- I was scared... A little! Just a little!!
- You! You looked cool...cooler than I thought you would, anyway... Just a little! Well, anyway, you saved me, so I guess I'll reward you. What do you wish? Just tell me...
- You mean the Spiritual Stone of Water, Zora's Sapphire, don't you?
- My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring! All right! I'll give you my most precious possession: Zora's Sapphire!
- Don't tell my father...
- Did my most precious possession help you in your quest? Heehee!
- Oh...you... If I'm right... Link?! You're Link, aren't you? It's me, your fiancée, Ruto! Princess of the Zoras! I never forgot the vows we made to each other seven years ago! You're a terrible man to have kept me waiting for these seven long years... But now is not the time to talk about love... I'm sure you've already seen it! Zora's Domain--totally frozen! A young man named Sheik saved me from under the ice... But my father and the other Zoras have not ...yet... I want to save them all! I want to save Zora's Domain! You! You have to help me! This is a request from me, the woman who is going to be your wife! Link, you have to help me destroy the evil monster in the Temple, OK?! Inside the Water Temple, there are three places where you can change the water level. I'll lead the way. Follow me, quickly!!
- Link... I would have expected no less from the man I chose to be my husband. Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state.
- [inside the chamber of Sages] And now I grant my eternal love to you. [Link steps back in shock]
- (after giving Link the Water Medallion) If you see Sheik, please give him my thanks... OK?
- The Water Barrier is dispelled! Hurry up!
- Navi... Navi, where art thou? Come hither. Oh Navi, the fairy, listen to my words... The words of the Deku Tree... Dost thou sense it? The climate of evil is descending upon this realm. Malevolent forces even are now mustering at attack our land of Hyrule. For so long, the Kokiri Forest, the source of life, stood as a barrier, deterring outsiders and maintaining order of the world. But before this tremendous evil power, even my power is as nothing. It seems the time has come for the boy without a fairy to begin his journey. The youth whose destiny it is to lead Hyrule to the path of justice and truth. Navi, go now! Find our young friend and guide him to me. I do not have much time left. Fly, Navi, fly! The fate of the forest, nay, the world, depends upon thee!
- Verily, thou hast felt it.
- The time has come to test thy courage.
- Enter Link, and you too, Navi. Press C(up) to listen to Navi and her words of wisdom.
- Oh... Navi... Thou hast returned. Link... Welcome. Listen carefully to what I, the Great Deku Tree, am about to tell thee...
- Then enter, brave Link, and thou too, Navi. Navi the fairy, thou must aid Link. And Link, when Navi speaks, press C(up) and listen well to her words of wisdom.
- In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule... Long I have I served as the guardian spirit... I am known as the Deku Tree... The children of the forest, the Kokiri, live here with me. Each Kokiri has his or her own guardian fairy. However, thine is one boy who does not have a fairy…
- Because you and Saria broke the curse place on the forest temple, I can now grow and flourish! Thanks a lot! Link, have you seen any of your old friends lately? They didn't recognize you did they? That's because the Kokiri never grow up! Even after 7 years, they're still kids! You must be wondering why only you grew up! Well, as you might have already guessed, you're not a Kokiri! You are a Hylian. I am happy to finally reveal this secret to you! Some time ago, before the King unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape the fierce war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy came into this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... her only choice was to entrust her baby to the Deku Tree, the guardian of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that the young boy was a child of destiny, whose fate would effect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the young boy was raised a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come! You were a Hylian and was always bound to leave the forest and join forces with these two. And now... you have learned your own destiny... so you know what you must do... That's right, you must save the land of Hyrule! Now, Link, break all of the curses on the temples and bring peace to Hyrule!
- Hey, over here! Hoo hoo! Link...Good to see you again! Listen to this! Hoot hoot....
- After going through the Lost Woods, you will come upon the Sacred Forest Meadow. That is a sacred place where few people have ever walked. Shhhh...What's that? I can hear a mysterious tune... You should listen for that tune too... Hoo hoo ho!
- If you are courageous, you will make it through the forest just fine... Just follow your ears and listen to the sounds coming from the forest! Hoot hoot!
- Hoo hoo! Did you learn an Ocarina song from Saria? That melody seems to have some mysterious power. There may be some other mysterious songs like this that you can learn in Hyrule.
- If you hold the Ocarina with (C) where a melody is necessary, a musical staff will appear. I recommend that you play a song you know. I also suggest that you play even when a score is not displayed. Just like this: Hoo hoo hoo hoot hoot hoot!
- Do you want to hear what I said again?
- Hoo hoot! Link... Look up here! It appears that the time has finally come for you to start your adventure! You will encounter many hardships ahead... That is your fate. Don't feel discouraged, even during the toughest times!
- Go straight this way and you will see Hyrule Castle. You will meet a princess there... If you are lost and don't know which way to go, look at the Map. The areas you have explored will be shown on the Map. Press START to enter the Subscreens and (Z) or (R) to find the Map. On the Map Subscreen, you will also see a flashing dot showing you which way you should go next.
- Did you get all that?
- All right then, I'll see you around! Hoot hoot hoot ho!
- Hey, Link! This way! The princess is inside the castle just ahead. Be careful not to get caught by the guards! Ho ho ho hoot!
- On this ground, time flows normally. But time stands still while you are in Lon Lon Ranch or in a town. If you want time to pass normally, you'll need to leave town. Well, well, which way are you going to go now? Hoo hoo hoot!
- Hoooo. You're a smart kid. Good luck, then. Hoo hoo.
- Hey, Link! Wait a second, friend! Beyond this point you'll find Kakariko Village. Have you seen the Princess of Hyrule? If not, I suggest you go to the castle.
- Hey, Link! Look over here! Beyond this point you'll find Kakariko Village. Watch your step! Hoot hoo!
- Link, you're the only one who can complete the quest ahead! You must do your best! Hoo!
- Link! Wait up, buddy! Hoo hoo! Head south from here to reach Lake Hylia's full, rich waters. If you go west, you'll find Gerudo Valley. There's a hideout of a gang of thieves on the other side of the valley. Well, you're free to go anywhere you want! Ho ho ho...hooo!
- No matter how hard it is, just don't get discouraged. Ho Ho Hoo!
- Beyond this point lies Lake Hylia. It is full of deep, pure water. The Zoras, who live all the way upstream, guard the sunken temple at the lake's bottom, as well as Zora's Fountain. If you want to confirm its location on the map, press START to switch to the Subscreens and (Z) or (R) to find the Map. All the places you have visited will be shown on the map. Ho hoo hoot!
- You've done well to come all the way up here, Link. This is the summit of the sacred Death Mountain! Hoot! It is said that the clouds surrounding this peak reflect the condition of Death Mountain. When they look normal, it is at peace. Climbing all the way up here just proves how smart you are! Now I want to see you make another smart move... The Great Fairy lives on this mountaintop, and she will give you a new skill! She is the leader of the fairies, you know. Hoo! I will perch here and wait for you. When you're ready to go back down, I can help you! Now, get going!
- Hoo hoot! Well, it looks like you've grown up a little from the Great Fairy's power... But you still don't really look like the hero who will save Hyrule. At least not yet! If you are going back down the mountain, I can lend you a wing. Come here and grab my talons! And hold on tight! Hoo hooooooot!
- Link! This way! Hoo hoo! I wonder what Saria is doing now? How about going back to the forest sometime?
- What are you doing? You've come a long way to get up here... You should look at the Map Subscreen sometimes. Link, this is a beautiful lake full of pure, clear water. At the lake bottom there is a Water Temple used to worship the water spirits. The Zoras are guardians of the temple. Hoo hoo. The Zoras come from Zora's Domain in northeast Hyrule. An aquatic race, they are longtime allies of Hyrule's Royal Family. I heard that only the Royal Family of Hyrule can enter Zora's Domain... Hoo hoo! I'm on my way back to the castle. If you want to come with me, hold on to my talons!
- I'm on my way back to the castle. If you want to come with me, hold on to my talons!
- Hoot hoot! Link, you look like you're getting more comfortable in your role as adventurer. I think Princess Zelda is waiting for you to visit her again. You already have the Goron's Ruby, don't you?
- Hoo hoo! Looks like you've gotten bigger and stronger already, Link! Just ahead lies Zora's Domain. The Zoras serve Hyrule's Royal Family by protecting this water source. Their door will not open for anyone except those who have some connection with the Royal Family. Let them hear the melody of the Royal Family! Hooo hoo hoooot!
- From now on, the future of all the people in Hyrule is on your shoulders. Maybe it's not my time anymore. Here is my last advice. Two witches inhabit this temple. In order to destroy them, turn their own magic power against them. Hoo hoot!
- I will continue to watch you... Hoo hoo hoo hoot!
- They say that there is a secret near the lone tree which is not far from the river in the northwest part of Hyrule Field.
- They say that there is a secret on the road that leads to Lake Hylia.
- They say that Biggoron's Sword is super sharp and will never break.
- They say that Medigoron didn't really think about his own size, so his store is really cramped.
- They say that Malon set the original record in the obstacle course of Lon Lon Ranch.
- They say that Malon of Lon Lon Ranch hopes a knight in shining armor will come and sweep her off her feet someday.
- They say that Ruto, the Zora Princess who is known for her selfish nature, likes a certain boy...
- They say that players who select the "HOLD" option for "Z TARGETING" are the real "Zelda players!"
- They say that there is a secret near a tree in Kakariko Village.
- They say that, contrary to her elegant image, Princess Zelda of Hyrule Castle is, in fact, a tomboy!
- They say that Princess Zelda's nanny is actually one of the Sheikah, who many thought had died out.
- They say that there is a man who can always be found running around in Hyrule Field.
- They say that it is against the rules to use glasses at the Treasure Chest Shop in Hyrule Castle Town Market.
- They say that the Chicken Lady goes to the Lakeside Laboratory to study how to breed pocket-sized Cuccos.
- They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends.
- They say that the thief named Nabooru, who haunts this area, is a Gerudo.
- They say that if you get close to a butterfly while holding a Deku Stick in your hands, something good will happen.
- They say that you may find something new in dungeons that you have already finished.
- They say that Gerudos worship Ganondorf almost like a god.
- They say that there is a secret around the entrance to Gerudo Valley.
- They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient Sage.
- They say that strange owl, Kaepora Gaebora, may look big and heavy, but its character is rather lighthearted.
- They say that the horse Ganondorf rides is a solid black Gerudo stallion.
- They say that Ganondorf is not satisfied with ruling only the Gerudo and aims to conquer all of Hyrule!
- They say that the treasure you can earn in the Gerudo's Training Ground is not as great as you would expect, given its difficulty!
- They say that there is a switch that you can activate only by using the Spin Attack.
- They say that it's possible to find a total of 100 Gold Skulltulas throughout Hyrule.
- They say that when non-fairy folk enter the Lost Woods, they become monsters!
- They say that the small holes in the ground that you can find all over Hyrule make perfect breeding ground for bugs.
- They say that the Kokiri are always followed by small fairies.
- They say that one Kokiri has left the forest, but he is still alive!
- 4092 (Occasional Glitch)
- (when wearing mask) YEEEAAARGH What's your problem?
- I can't catch that Cucco!
- That's not my dog! How dare you mix my dog up with this mutt
- Young children shouldn't be walking the streets at night, go home and get to bed
- What?....oh...a customer?
- You heard about us from the guard at the death mountain gate? Well I'll have to give you a special discount then!
- Please with C. Please sell me something. Please, with C
- They say we Hylians have big ears in order to hear the voices of the gods...but I've never heard them!
- Man, I am SO bored... Things would sure be more interesting if there were more... troubles in the world... Hey, that's just between you and me, OK? Anyway, maybe we can let off some steam by breaking these jars.
- There's a lot going on in the castle right now. I can't allow even a dog to get into the castle!
- I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!
- But these aren't real men, they just run around aimlessly
- Don't touch the graves, I'll tell Dampé
- Please rescue my cuccos, I have allergies which means I get goosebumps whenever I touch them. ~Chicken Lady
- This is surely Princess Zelda's handwriting! Well, let's see... Hmm...ok... (reading Zelda's Letter) "This is Link. He is under my orders to save Hyrule" Wa ha ha ha hah! What kind of funny game has our princess come up with now? OK. OK, all right. You can go up now... Just be careful, Mr. Hero! Wah hah ha ha hah! ~Death Mountain guard.
- They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true. ~Woman in the potion shop
- Oh! Oh-oh! C'mon! Come on! Come on! Come on! HOT!!! What a hot beat! WHOOOOAH! YEEEEAH! YAHOOO!!
- If you want the Spiritual Stone, why don't you go and clear out all the monsters from Dodongo's Cavern!
- (after giving Link the Fire Medallion) Don't forget... Now you and I are now true Brothers!
- The Fire Barrier is dispelled! Hurry up, Brother!
- Thank you, Brother! I really appreciate what you did. I thank you on behalf of the entire Goron race! You turned out to be a real man, just as I thought you would! By the way, I, the wild Darunia, turned out to be the great Sage of Fire! Isn't that funny, Brother? Well, this must be what they call destiny. Nothing has made me happier than helping you seal the evil away! Hey, Brother,take this! This a Medallion that contains the power of the fire spirits-- and my friendship!
Spiritual Stone Messages
- You received the Kokiri Emerald. This legend of the Kokiri is granted to you by the Deku Tree
- You received the Goron's Ruby, the second spiritual stone. Sworn Brother? You don't know what he means by this...
- You received the Zora's Sapphire, the final spiritual stone. Zora's engagement ring? You don't know what she means by this, but now you have all the spiritual stones. Go back to see Princess Zelda
- Princess Ruto got the spiritual stone! But why Princess Ruto?
- You received the Zora's Sapphire, Her most precious possession? You don't know what she's talking about, but you've collected two Spiritual Stones! Only one to go!
- The rising sun will eventually set, a newborn's life will fade. From sun to moon, moon to sun. Give peaceful rest to the living dead. ~Sun's Song Inscription
- Restless souls wander where they don't belong. Bring them calm with the Sun's Song. ~Sun's Song Message referring to the [ReDeads]
- Hi there, I'm the Deku Tree Sprout! ~Deku Tree Sprout
- I'm a talking door. ~Door [from text dump]
- This door is currently being refurbished. ~Note [from text dump]
- You know, If I was as good looking as you, I'd start another type of business! ~Poe Merchant
- ROWRRRRR ~Redead
- Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee... ~Poe
- Help me. I'm waiting for you inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly. --Ruto PS: Don't tell my father! ~Letter in a bottle
- I'm the wandering running man! I've run all over this land in search of true competitive spirit. I beat all my challengers, man and beast. You're an athletic guy, and you look like you might have a true killer instinct, too. Now that the bridge over Gerudo Valley is complete, I'm looking for a challenger to have a commemorative race against. ~Running Man
- Moooooooooo! What a nice song... It reminds me of the pasture... That song makes me feel so good, I can produce a lot of milk! ~Cow
- Have some of my refreshing and nutritious milk! ~Cow
- Ow-ow-ow! Please forgive me, Master! If I give you a clue, will you let me go? When you jump off a high cliff, if you hold (the control stick) forward, you will roll on the ground when you land, and won't get hurt from the fall. I can't guarantee it will work, though, if the cliff is really, really high. Hee hee. Well, try it if you're feeling bold. Wah ha hah!~ first Deku Scrub
- Go around! Go around and around and around! What fun! I'm so happy! I'm a music man who loves to go around and around! Go around and around! I'm trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by this windmill... going around and around and around!~ Windmill Man
- Heh heh... As promised, you keep the horse. However... I'll never let you leave this ranch!~ Ingo
- Saria wanted to see you... Did she find you already?~ Kokiri girl
The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of the gods somewhere in Hyrule. The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands. If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity... If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil...That is what has been told... So, the ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones.
That's right... The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones.
And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend... The Ocarina of Time!
- The Light Barrier is dispelled! Hurry!
- Link... Wake up, Link, the chosen one... I am Rauru, one of the ancient Sages... Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm... This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light... The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces. The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time-- was the final key to the Sacred Realm. Link... Don't be alarmed... Look at yourself...! (the camera zooms out to reveal a seventeen-year-old Link)
- Ancient Creators of Hyrule! Now open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm!!
- My role in the Princess's dream was to teach a melody to the one from the forest. This is an ancient melody passed down by the Royal Family. I have played this song for Princess Zelda as a lullaby ever since she was a baby... There is mysterious powers in these notes. Now listen carefully... (plays Zelda's Lullaby)
- (after teaching Link Zelda's Lullaby) If the castle soldiers find you, there will be trouble. Let me lead out of the castle. (in Hyrule Field) You brave lad... We must protect this beautiful land of Hyrule! Take a good look at that mountain. That is Death Mountain, home of the Gorons. They hold the Spiritual Stone of Fire. At the foot of Death Mountain, you will find my village: Kakariko. There is where I was born and raised. You should talk to some of the villagers ther before you go up Death Mountain. The song I just taught you has mysterious power. Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song. Remember, it will help you to prove your connection with the Royal Family. The Princess is waiting for you to return to the castle with stones. All right. We're counting on you! (she throws a Deku Nut and vanishes)
- (after giving Link the Shadow Medallion) Please look out for the Princess.
- The boy with the noble Zelda's Ocarina...As I expected, you have come. I am Impa, one of the Sheikah. I am Princess Zelda's caretaker, and I am also the Sage who guards the Shadow Temple. We Sheikah have served the royalty of Hyrule from generation to generation as attendants. However... On that day seven years ago, Ganondorf suddenly attacked... and Hyrule Castle surrendered after a short time. Ganondorf's target was one of the keys to the Sacred Realm...the hidden treasure of the Royal Family... The Ocarina of Time! My duty bound me to take Zelda out of Ganondorf's reach. When last I saw you, as we made our escape from the castle, you were just a lad... Now I see that you have become a fine hero... There's nothing to worry about... The Princess is safe now. Soon, you'll meet Princess Zelda face-to-face, and she will explain everything... That is when we, the six Wise Ones, will seal up the Evil King and return peace to Hyrule. I have to stay here... You go to Princess Zelda's side and protect her on my behalf. Now I put my power, which should be helpful to you, into this Medallion!
- Koume: Shoot, what a fresh kid! This time, we'll get serious, right, Kotake?
- Kotake: [with halos over their heads] Hey, Koume, what is that above your head?
- Koume: I don't know, but you have one over your head too, Kotake! But I'm only 400 years old!
- Kotake: And I'm just 380 years old!
- Koume: We're twins! Don't try to lie about your age!
- Kotake: You must have gone senile!
- Koume: Who are you calling senile? Is that how you treat your older sister?
- Kotake: We are twins! How can you be older?
- Koume: Keeeyaaah! How heartless you are!
- Kotake: How can you be so ungrateful?
- Koume: You're heartless!
- Kotake: You ungrateful... (they both fly up to Heaven)
- Both: I'll come back to haunt you!
- Kotake: (after Link enters the boss chamber, looking at him) Ho ho ho! Looks like someone is here, Koume.
- Koume: (also looking at Link) Hee hee hee! Looks like it, Kotake!
- Kotake: What an outrageous fellow he is, to intrude so bodly into our Temple. Ho ho ho!
- Koume: We should teach this outrageous fellow a lesson. Hee hee hee!
- Both: Oh, loyal minion... Destroy this intruder on our behalf! (they disappear)
- Nabooru: (after Link defeats the Iron Knuckle again) Unnnh... Where am I...?
- Kotake: (appears beside Nabooru) Well, well... Looks like she's back to normal... Koume...
- Koume: (also appears besides Nabooru) She's just a little girl, but she commands a lot of respect among the Gerudo, Kotake...
- Kotake: Maybe we should make her work for the great Ganondorf a little while longer! Ho ho ho!
- Koume: Then we should brainwash her again! Hee hee hee! (their hands glow red/ blue and shoot them at Nabooru, who screams and vanishes)
- Both: Look at that stupid kid! He came on his own to offer himself as a sacrifice for the great Ganondorf...
- Koume: With my flame, I will burn him to the bone!
- Kotake: With my frost, I will freeze him to his soul!
- Goron: (after Link defeated King Dodongo and received Goron's Ruby) You did great! Hey, how about a big Goron hug, Brother? [group of Gorons starts walking toward Link with arms outstretched]
- Link: Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! (he runs up Death Mountain)
- Navi: Great Deku Tree, I'm back.
- Great Deku Tree: Oh... Navi... Thou hast returned. Link... Welcome. Listen carefully to what I, the Great Deku Tree, am about to tell thee... Thy slumber these past moons have been restless, and full of nightmares... As the servants of evil gain strength, a vile climate pervades the land, and causes nightmares to those sensitive to it... Verily, thou hast felt it... Link, the time has come to test thy courage... I have been cursed... I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage... Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?
- Link: Yes.
- Great Deku Tree: (opening his mouth) Then enter, brave Link, and thou too, Navi. Navi the fairy, thou must aid Link. And Link, when Navi speaks, press C(up) and listen well to her words of wisdom.