Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole is a 2010 3D computer animated epic fantasy-adventure film based on the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series by Kathryn Lasky directed by Zack Snyder. The film stars Jim Sturgess, Emily Barclay, Anthony LaPaglia, David Wenham, Adrienne DeFaria, Miriam Margolyes, Joel Edgerton, Ryan Kwanten and Helen Mirren. The film was released on September 24, 2010 in Digital 3D and IMAX 3D. The film was released with a Looney Tunes short called Fur of Flying starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote.
- There's nothing wrong with dreams.
- We need to find the Guardians. They're the only one who can save us!
- [from trailer] Let us go!
- We're each others' family now. We'll find them together.beagwGHhrhae
- [first lines; flying in with a protesting Mrs. Plithiver] Dinner is served, and she will not stop talking!
- That poem just came to me, if you can believe it.
- We haven't gotten to the best bit!
- If I have to hear another of his Owl Jokes!
- Do you even know the way to the Sea of Hoolemere? Twilight knows the way.
- Twilight, I think if we're going into battle together... ...you'll have to sing your best battle song ever.
- Hey! Oh, nice hunting, you should be really proud of yourself. Catching a moth that's already been caught.
- We're half way there!
- Well, while the rest of us had our talons deformed too. But I say caution when the losses could be so many. I would never counsel rushing blindly into war, but for a cause such as the one the boy described, for a violation of peace so blatant, so powerful... ...of course I'd fight!
- The air currents warm in different ways, you see... ...from the sky to the ocean. You can't fight them. You have to feel them with your gizzards.
- My days as Lyze are well behind me. And that battle is a distant memory. Except, funnily enough, for young owlets like you.
- Or you could stay here... ...tend to your sister... ...and do some real good. But what do I know? I'm just a tired old screech.
- Pure Ones, attack! Crush them! Before they can recover!
- My soldiers, my sons. Many of you have heard of me in late-night whispering but I assure you, I am not a myth. I am real and I stand before you with one simple truth: the strong shall rule the weak. Long ago, I was viciously attacked by the coward Lyze of Kiel for defending that truth. Now I wear this mask to conceal my scars but the metal is strong. It is a symbol of the Pure Ones' strength and resolve. It is time to set a fire that will consume the Owl Kingdoms and take back what is rightfully ours. Because we are Tyros! We are Pure Ones! And I am Metal Beak!
- Well, the legendary Lyze of Kiel. Once again, it's come down to just you and me. At last, I can take my revenge for this. [indicates scar behind his iron mask] [Ezylryb: Hmm. You should thank me. It appears to be an improvement.]
- Digger: Knock knock.
- Twilight: Please don't reply.
- Gylfie: Who's there?
- Twilight: Don't encourag him.
- Digger: Owls.
- Gylfie: Owls who?
- Twilight: Hear it comes
- Digger: Heh! That's right. Owls hoo.
- Twilight: If I have to hear anymore of his ridiculous owl jokes...
- Digger: Hoohoo. It's hillarious!
- Echidna: When you've flown as hard as you can, you're half way there!
- Gylfie: What did he say?
- Digger: We're half way there!
- Kludd: The Guardians win, lalalalala, they go home. The end. Think about something real.
- Soren: They're real.
- Kludd: You have a soft head, Soren. Filled with stories, and dreams.
- Soren: There's nothing wrong with dreams.
- [from trailer]
- Noctus: Legend tells of a band of noble warriors... known as the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Whenever trouble is at hand, seek them out. For they are sworn to protect the innocent, and vanquish evil... Should I stop?
- Soren: No! Well, what?
- Noctus: No.
- Soren: This is my favorite part!
- Digger: Hey! Oh, nice hunting, you should be really proud of yourself. Catching a moth that's already been caught.
- Soren: Wait, you hadn't caught it!
- Digger: ...I was very close. One might even say I was THIS close! [moth flies away] Oh.
- [Nyra and Metalbeak watches Twilight, Digger and Gylfie fights with the bats]
- Nyra: No. No! You told us you'd bring all the Guardians.
- Allomere: But they're not Guardians.
- Kludd: [angrily] Soren.
- Metalbeak: They have no chance against the flecks. Still, I don't think we can trust you anymore, Allomere.
- Allomere: [last words before his death] No, no, no, you promised me! YOU PROMISED ME I WOULD BE KING OF THE TREE!!!
- [The bats suddenly attack Allomere and dragged him into a cave killing him]
- Metalbeak: You should know, Allomere, there is only room for one king.
- Soren: I'm not letting you hurt one more soul!
- Metalbeak: Oh, you're not letting me? Oh, what a pity to waste such a strong, young and confident Tyto.
- Ezylryb: No, Soren!
- Metalbeak: Oh, you know this sad old owl?
- Soren: He's my teacher. My hero.
- Metalbeak: Well, your hero can teach you one last lesson about Pure Ones' strength...
- Nyra: [restraining Ezylryb] Don't move.
- Metalbeak: ...by letting you watch him die.
- Soren: With the peace restored, it was time for celebration, and recognition that our small band of owls, who fate and a storm had blown into the Tree, now stood before its king and queen as young Guardians. Ready finally, with all their hearts, to take that ancient oath: To mend those who are broken, to make strong the weak, and without hesitation, vanquish the evil. For as we know, Nyra escaped. And Kludd? Well, Kludd was never found. Should I stop?
- Pete: What? Please, don't stop!
- Soren: I don't wanna give anyone daymares.
- Pete: Aw, come on. There must be more! There must be!
- Ezylryb: [last line of the film; chuckles] Listen to them, Soren. They want more stories. [he surprises the owlets] Well, come on, you lot. Les not disappoint them. [he steps outside feeling the wind] Ah. There's a good storm brewing. And if we're lucky, i'll be chock full of baggywrinkles.
- On his way to finding a legend...he will become one.
- From the studio that brought you Happy Feet.
- The Leader (Soren tagline)
- The Navigator (Gylfie tagline)
- The Tracker (Digger tagline)
- The Warrior (Twilight tagline)
- The Dreamer (Eglantine tagline)
- The Rival Brother (Kludd tagline)
- The Evil Queen (Nyra tagline)
- The Destroyer (Metalbeak tagline)
- Emily Barclay as Gylfie
- Abbie Cornish as Otulissa
- Essie Davis as Marella
- Adrienne DeFaria as Eglantine
- Joel Edgerton as Metal Beak
- Deborra-Lee Furness as Barran
- Sacha Horler as Strix Struma
- Bill Hunter as Bubo
- Ryan Kwanten as Kludd
- Anthony LaPaglia as Twilight
- Miriam Margolyes as Mrs. Plithiver
- Helen Mirren as Nyra
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Pure One Soldiers
- Sam Neill as Allomere
- Barry Otto as The Echidna
- Richard Roxburgh as Boron
- Geoffrey Rush as Ezylryb
- Angus Sampson as Jutt
- Jim Sturgess as Soren
- Hugo Weaving as Noctus and Grimble
- David Wenham as Digger
- Leigh Whannell as Jatt
- Gareth Young as Pete