Legends of the Fall
Legends of the Fall is a 1994 film based on the 1979 novella of the same title by Jim Harrison. It was directed by Edward Zwick and stars Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn. The film won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography.
The movie's timeframe spans the decade before World War I through the Prohibition Era, and into the 1930s, ending with a brief scene set in 1963. The film centers on the Ludlow family of Montana, including veteran of the Indian Wars Colonel Ludlow, his three sons Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel, and object of the brothers' love, Susannah.
- It's hard to tell of happiness, time goes by and we feel safe too soon.
- Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy... or they become legends.
- Forever turned out to be too long Tristan.
- We all love Samuel. Samuel is dead. WHAT!?
- Because you love her I will forgive you for that, once. ONCE! But you say that again and we are not brothers.
- You know when Samuel died I cursed God. Have I damned everyone around me as well as myself?
- Stab speak English?! Ha! He wouldn't lower himself to speak English would you Stab?!
- I followed all of the rules, man's and God's. And you, you followed none of them. And they all loved you more. Samuel, Father, and my... even my own wife.
- He was a rock they broke themselves against however much he tried to protect them
- After the Fall from Innocence the Legend begins.
- The men of the Ludlow family. A woman's grace brought them together. Then her passion tore them apart.
- Brad Pitt - Tristan Ludlow
- Anthony Hopkins - Col. William Ludlow
- Aidan Quinn - Alfred Ludlow
- Julia Ormond - Susannah Fincannon-Ludlow
- Henry Thomas - Samuel Ludlow
- Karina Lombard - Isabel "Isabel II" Decker/Isabel Decker Ludlow
- Sekwan Auger - Young Isabel II Decker
- Gordon Tootoosis - One Stab
- Christina Pickles - Isabel Ludlow
- Paul Desmond - Decker
- Tantoo Cardinal - Pet Decker
- Robert Wisden - John T. O'Banion
- John Novak - James O'Banion
- Kenneth Welsh - Sheriff Tynert
- Bart the Bear - The Bear