Life or Something Like It
- Directed by Stephen Herek. Written by John Scott Shepherd and Dana Stevens.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Someone once said, "Live everyday as if it were you last, cause one of these, it's gonna be the last." Jack was right, a part of me did die that day, the part of me that didn't know how to live. What the future holds, Jack knows. But when I talk to him, I make sure we only talk about sports and weather.
- Andrea: You're late.
- Lanie Kerrigan: I'm not late. You're early.
- Andrea: I ate cheese.
- Pete Scanlon: Did you ever hear the saying "A picture holds a thousands words."
- Lanie Kerrigan: That's only for people like you who don't know a thousand words.
- Pete Scanlon: I know two, and the first one begins with an "F".
- Lanie Kerrigan: Under the circumstances, I think it would be best if we kept things on a purely professional level.
- Pete Scanlon: Define "the circumstances".
- Lanie Kerrigan: We have to work together. We don't have to like it.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Well, I hope your happy.
- Pete Scanlon: Define happiness.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Your death.
- Pete Scanlon: Do you have another cameraman who can make look like a natural blonde?
- Lanie Kerrigan: I'm not just a reporter. I'm a TV personality. My hair is my trademark. Just like the "I don't like to shower" look is your trademark.
- Lanie Kerrigan: You don't bother me. You can't. Because no matter how you would like to define it, I can honestly say, at this point, my life is perfect.
- Pete Scanlon: Define perfection.
- Prophet Jack: And next Thursday. You're going to die. I'm sorry.
- [Lanie walked away with no words]
- Prophet Jack: I didn't ask for the power.
- Lanie Kerrigan: [to Pete] If I find out you were up to this, I will never speak to you as long as I live.
- Prophet Jack: Watch your step on your way out.
- [Lanie trips in a crack and breaks the heel off her shoe]
- Lanie Kerrigan: Saw that in a vision, did you?
- Prophet Jack: No, I trip in that crack all the time.
- Lanie Kerrigan: I met a homeless guy and he had a vision.
- Cal Cooper: What like ESPN?
- Lanie Kerrigan: No, he had ESP. There's no N, honey.
- Pete Scanlon: Take a deep breath.
[Lanie did deep breathing]
- Pete Scanlon: Feel better? Take one more.
- Lanie Kerrigan: [breathing] Oh my God. You are trying to have sex with me.
- Lanie Kerrigan: What would you do if you only had a week to live.
- Pete Scanlon: I would try to live every moment and I would go to all the people that mean most to me, and I would try to memorize their faces.
- Lanie Kerrigan: I'm marrying Cal. I know this is hard for you to accept.
- Pete Scanlon: Well. Listen Lanie. You are the single most delusional, most self-absorbed, self-involved, egomaniac woman that I've ever met.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Hmm... Umm... Let's have sex.
- Cal Cooper: Is this your breaking up with me? Well, take a minute. Will you reconsider about it?
- Lanie Kerrigan: A minute just seems like a really long time to waste.
- Lanie Kerrigan: My life is over. I'm officially dead. Just stopped breathing. I'm dead.
- Pete Scanlon: Define life.
- Lanie Kerrighan: My career. My network job. My wedding. Ok?
- Pete Scanlon: Do you really think if you have no job and no boyfriend then your life is over?
- Pete Scanlon: You are full of shit. She is not gonna die. Because she did get the job. The network job you said she wasn't gonna get. Which means you were wrong.
- Prophet Jack: Was I?
- Pete Scanlon: What is that supposed to mean?
- Prophet Jack: If she dies tomorrow, she doesn't get the job. And I was right.
- Deborah Connors: You... go.
- Lanie Kerrigan: You mean like "you go girl"
- Deborah Connors: No, just go.
- Pete Scanlon: Look. I don't want the opportunity to pass me by again. So I should have told you this a long time ago. But I've loved you since the first day I met you.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Define love.
- Pete Scanlon: Lanie. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
- Destiny is what you make of it.
- What if you only had seven days to live.
|Angelina Jolie||Lanie Kerrigan|
|Edward Burns||Pete Scanlon|
|Tony Shalhoub||Prophet Jack|
|Christian Kane||Cal Cooper|
|James Gammon||Pat Kerrigan|
|Melissa Errico||Andrea Fox|
|Stockard Channing||Deborah Connors|