Life with Feathers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Life with Feathers is a 1945 Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Friz Freleng.
- Sufferin' succotash! Squab!
- Scram, swallow! Go back to Capistrano!
- [first lines] I'm a lovebird, a paraketus romanticus. [a vase is hurled at him, he ducks] That was my sweetheart, Sweetypuss. A lovebird can't live without love, so what is there left to live for? I guess there's nothing left to do but end it all.
- Lovebird: Come on, Mr. Cat. Eat me.
- Sylvester: No! No! I'll die!
- Lovebird: Please, Mr. Cat?
- Sylvester: All right! I'll do it. I'd rather die than starve to death!
- [Sylvester is about to eat the lovebird when a telegram arrives; lovebird reads]
- Lovebird: You don't have to eat me, Mr. Cat. I just got a telegram from Sweetypuss, and everything is going to be, oh, just dandy.
- Sylvester: Oh, yeah? Well, I haven't changed my mind!
- Mel Blanc as Sylvester / Lovebird / Telegram Guy.
- Dave Barry as Radio Announcer. (uncredited)
- Sara Berner as Sweetypuss / Housewife. (uncredited)