Life with Mikey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
He's a talent agent. She's a thief. Looks like they've already got something in common.
Life with Mikey is a 1993 comedy film about a once-popular child actor who now runs a talent agency specializing in child acts who is trying to discover the next star. He gets more than he bargained for when he recruits a child pickpocket.
- Directed by James Lapine. Written by Marc Lawrence.
Michael "Mikey" Chapman
- Any chance for getting time off for good behavior?
- But that's what show business is all about. Acting like an idiot. It's not you, you're just doing your job. You know what I mean. Look at it this way, most people feel like idiots most of the time. But they don't get paid for it.
- Sunburst Cookies just light up my day!
- [after vomiting in a hat] Never again. From now on, it's only Kosher Franks.
- [after seeing Angie for the first time] Va Va Va Vroom. Well, Hello Dolly!
- How much of this crap do I have to eat anyway? What am I? Jobe?
- Carol: Oh, I can't wait to get back to Connecticut.
- Ed: [after Mikey tells him he invited Angie to his house] Well, now representing The Omen. Did you check her head with a little 666?
- Michael: Yeah, there were only two sixes. We got her just fine!
- Geena: [after Asian girl sings] I love that song.
- Michael: Me too. What were you playing?
- Michael: I'm something of a celebrity.
- Irate: What kind of celebrity are you? Biggest Asshole of the Month?
- Michael: No, that's all political.
- Angie: I'll have coffee.
- Galaxy Waiter: [laughs] Coffee?
- Angie: Yeah, coffee. It comes from beans. Ever heard of it?
- [on the set of a cereal commercial]
- Barry: You two clowns leave while I get into character.
- Michael: What character? All you got to do is swallow.
- Girl: [overacting] I hate it when it's raining. We don't get to go outside for recess or ride our bikes after school!
- Angie: That's great. But you're not going to audition like that, right?
- Girl: What do you mean?
- Angie: They're just cookies. Don't make it sound like a commercial for hemorrhoids.
- Ed Chapman: Why isn't she in school?
- Angie Vega: I'm off for the holidays.
- Ed Chapman: Christmas is two weeks away.
- Angie Vega: I'm very religious, you got a problem with that?
- Santa: What would you like for Christmas, little girl?
- Angie Vega: I'd like you to find a chimney, and shove your...
- Michael J. Fox - Michael "Mikey" Chapman
- Christina Vidal - Angie Vega
- Paula Garcés - adult Angie Vega
- Cyndi Lauper - Geena Briganti
- Nathan Lane - Ed Chapman
- David Krumholtz - Barry Corman
- David Huddleston - Mr. Corcoran
- Victor Garber - Brian Spiro
- Mary Alice - Mrs. Gordon
- Kathryn Grody - Mrs. Corman
- Paula Garcés - Janice
- Blake McGrath - Acrobat
- Rubén Blades - Angie's dad
- Aida Turturro - Officer Moran
- Christine Baranski - Carol
- Kevin Zegers - Little Mikey
- Mandy Patinkin - Irate Man