Limelight (1952 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written and directed by Charles Chaplin.
It will move you to love, laughter and tears.taglines
- What do you want meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning. Desire is the theme of all life!
- There's something about working the streets I like. It's the tramp in me I suppose.
- That's all any of us are: amateurs. We don't live long enough to be anything else.
- Life can be wonderful if you're not afraid of it. All it needs is courage, imagination... and a little dough.
- If one more person tells me this is just like old times, I swear I'll jump out the window!
- Terry: [after attempting suicide] I'm sorry.
- Calvero: You should be. A young girl like you wanting to throw your life away. Heh! When you are my age you want to hang onto it.
- Terry: Worms can't smile!
- Calvero: Oh, how would you know, have you ever appealed to their sense of humour?
- Terry: So few of us have the ability to really feel.
- Calvero: Or the opportunity.
- Calvero: My home is the theater.
- Terry: I thought you hated the theater.
- Calvero: I also hate the sight of blood, but it's in my veins.
- It will move you to love, laughter and tears.
- The masterpiece of laughter and tears from the master of comedy!
- Charles Chaplin - Calvero
- Claire Bloom - Terry
- Nigel Bruce - Postant
- Buster Keaton - Calvero's partner
- Sydney Chaplin - Neville
- Norman Lloyd - Bodalink