Linkin Park is an American rock band from Agoura Hills, California. The band's current lineup includes vocalist/rhythm guitarist/keyboardist Mike Shinoda, lead guitarist Brad Delson, bassist Dave Farrell, DJ/turntablist Joe Hahn and drummer Rob Bourdon, all of whom are founding members. Vocalists Mark Wakefield and Chester Bennington are former members of the band. Categorized as alternative rock, Linkin Park's earlier music spanned a fusion of heavy metal and hip hop, while they later transitioned into more electronica- and pop-influenced music.
Hybrid Theory (2000)
- Why does it feel like night today
- I know just what it feels like to have a voice in the back of my head.
- The face inside is right beneath the skin
- The sun goes down, I feel the light betray me
- All these words they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance
- I need a little room to breathe
- Shut up when I'm talking to you
- "One Step Closer"
- I woke up in a dream today
to the cold of the static
put my cold feet on the floor
- It's true, the way I feel
what's promised by your face
the sound of your voice painted on my memories
even if you're not with me, I'm with you
- No, no matter how far we've come
I can't wait to see tomorrow
- "With You"
- You live what you've learned
- "Points of Authority"
- Crawling in my skin
these wounds they will not heal
fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real
- Without a sense of confidence I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take.
- Graffiti decorations, under a sky of dust
A constant wave of tension, on top of broken trust
The lessons that you taught me, I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question
- If I let them go I'll be outdone,
If I let try to catch them I'll be outrun.
- "By Myself"
- It starts with one
- Time is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the pendulum swings.
- I've put my trust in you
pushed as far as I can go
for all this, there's only one thing you should know
- "In the End"
- I wanna be in the energy
not with the enemy
- "A Place For My Head"
- A little piece of paper with a picture drawn
floats on down the street til the wind is gone
and the memory now is like the picture was then
when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again
- Now you got me caught in the act
you bring that thought back
- And now for a lesson in rhythm management
- All right now, wasn't that fun?
Let's try something else
- "Cure for the Itch"
- This is the last smile that I'll fake for the sake of being with you.
- "Pushing Me Away"
- Reverse psychology is failing miserably, it's so hard to be, left all alone.
Telling you is the, only chance for me, there's nothing left but to turn and face you.
- P5ing me a*wy
- The journey is more important than the end or the start
- Enth E Nd
- I want to find something I wanted all along
- (When this began) I had nothing to say, and I'd get lost in the nothingness inside of me
- "Somewhere I Belong"
- One minute you're on top
Next you're not, as you drop
Making your heart stop
Just before you hit the floor
- "Hit the Floor"
- If I could change I would, take back the pain I would, re-trace every wrong move that I made I would
if I could stand up and take the blame I would, I would take all my shame to the grave.
- "Easier to Run"
- Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored
- I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate, and say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way, I'll never be all right
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit tonight
- "Breaking the Habit"
- I don't know who to trust, no surprise
- "From the Inside"
- Yo, peep the style and the kids checking for it
The number one question is how could you ignore it
We drop right back in the cut over basement tracks
With raps that got you backing this up like rewind that
- We're just rolling with the rhythm
Rise from the ashes of stylistic division
With these non-stop lyrics are life, living
Not to be forgotten, still unforgiven
- "Nobody's Listening"
- I'm tired of being what you want me to be
- Caught in the undertow
- I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
Minutes to Midnight (2007)
- Put me out of my fucking misery
- "Given Up"
- I dreamed I was missing
- When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
- "Leave Out All the Rest"
- Here we go for the hundredth time
hand grenade pins in every line
throw 'em out and let something shine
going out of my fucking mind
- Find a new place to hang this noose
String me up from atop these roofs
Knot it tight so I won't get loose
- Say your prayers and stomp it out
when they bring that chorus in
- I bleed it out, digging deeper just to throw it away
- Shotgun opera, lock and load
- Fuck this hurts, I won't lie
Doesn't matter how hard I try.
- "Bleed It Out"
- And the shadow of the day
will embrace the world in grey
and the sun will set for you
- "Shadow of the Day"
- In this farewell
there's no blood
there's no alibi
- So let mercy come and wash away
- "What I've Done"
- Ten years old, and it's something to see
another kid my age dragged under a Jeep
taken and bound and found later under a tree
I wonder if he had thought the next one could be me
- My brother had a book, he would hold it with pride
a little red cover with a broken spine
on the back he hand-wrote a quote inside
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die."
- With hands held high into a sky so blue
As the ocean opens up to swallow you
- "Hands Held High"
- Are you lost, in your lies?
Do you tell yourself I don't realize your crusade's a disguise?
Replacing freedom with fear, trading money for lives
I'm aware of what you've done.
- "No More Sorrow"
A Thousand Suns (2010)
- I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
the blood of innocents burning in the skies
- And in the end we were meant to be apart
in separate chambers of the human heart
- "Burning in the Skies"
- I am not a pattern to be followed
the pill that I'm on is a tough one to swallow
I'm not a criminal not a role model
not a born leader, I'm a tough act to follow
- I'm not a robot
I'm not a monkey
I won't dance, even if the beat's funky
- Y'all oughta stop talking, start trying to catch up, motherfucker
- Lauryn said money change the situation
Big said it increase the complication
Kane said don't step, I ain't the one
Chuck said an Uzi weigh a motherfuckin' ton
- "When They Come For Me"
- And you think there's not enough love
and no one to give it to
- So hold on, the weight of the world
will give you the strength to go
- "Robot Boy"
- This is not the end, this is not the beginning
Just a voice like a riot rocking every revision
But you listen to the tone and the violent rhythm
And though the words sound steady
something empty's within them
- All I wanna do is trade this life for something new
holding onto what I haven't got.
- What was left when the fire was gone?
I thought I felt right, but the right was wrong
- "Waiting For The End"
- You're pushing back down
blackout, blood in your eye
- Fuck it, are you listening?
- Floating down as colors fill the light
We look up from the ground in fields of paper white
And floating up you pass us in the night
A future gazing out, a past to overwrite
- Come down far below
We've been waiting to collect what you've let go
- There ain't shit we don't run when the guns unload
and no one make a move unless my people say so
- Steel unload, final blow
We the animals take control
hear us now, clear and true
wretches and kings, we come for you
- "Wretches and Kings"
- As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
- And when I close my eyes tonight
to symphonies of blinding light
- God save us everyone
will we burn inside the fire of a thousand suns
for the sins of our hands
the sins of our tongues
the sins of our fathers
the sins of our young
- "The Catalyst"
- When life leaves us blind
Love keeps us kind
- "The Messenger"
Living Things (2012)
- Fly me up on a silver wave
Past the black where the sirens sang
warm me up in a nova's glow
and drop me down to the dream below
- Cause I'm only a crack, in this castle of glass, hardly anything there for you to see, for you to see.
- "Castle of Glass"
- For you snakes in the grass supplying the venom
I ain't scared of your teeth-- I admire what's in 'em
- Wanna talk about a victim
I'mma put you in with 'em
- Weep not for roads untraveled
Weep not for sights unseen
May your love never end
And if you need a friend
there's a seat here alongside me.
- "Roads Untraveled"
- Skin to bone, steel to rust
Ash to ashes, dust to dust
Let tomorrow have its way
With the promises we made
Skin to bone, steel to rust
- "Skin To Bone"
- My mama taught words
My daddy built rockets
I put 'em together
Now tell me what I got
- We swim against the rising waves
And crash against the shore
The body bends until it breaks
The early morning sings no more
- "Until It Breaks"
One More Light (2017)
- Mama always told me don't you run
Don't you run with scissors, son
You're gonna hurt someone
- Sharp edges have consequences, I Guess that I had to find out for myself
Sharp edges have consequences, now Every scar is a story I can tell
- "Sharp Edges"
- We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things that we can have, but can't keep
- Who cares if one more light goes out? In the sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?, Well I do.
- "One More Light"
- Night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
- "A Light That Never Comes"
- And your voice was all I heard; that I get what I deserve
- "New Divide", Transformers 2 OST
- You're guilty all the same; Too sick to be ashamed; You want to point your finger; But there's no one else to blame.
- "Guilty All The Same (2014)"