Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Both Taiwan and Nauru have different challenges, but what links us are the values of democracy, freedom, the rule of law and global responsibility.
- Lionel Aingimea (2019) cited in: "Nauru stands with Taiwan, Haiti might be next to turn to China" in Taiwan News, 27 September 2019.
- Development is not sustainable if it is not fair and inclusive, and therefore we call for the United Nations to embrace willing and capable partners like Taiwan in its SDG (sustainable development goals) endeavors.
- Lionel Aingimea (2019) cited in: "President of Nauru urges U.N. to embrace Taiwan" in Focus Taiwan, 27 September 2019.
- Statement made during the General Debate of the 74th general assembly of the United Nations, 26 September 2019.
- Nauru considers its relationship with Taiwan as that of family and we stand with Taiwan.
- Lionel Aingimea (2019) cited in: "New Nauruan president pledges support for Taiwan" in Taipei Times, 27 September 2019.