Little Bill is an American animated children's television series produced for Nick Jr. The stories are based on Bill Cosby's Little Bill book series, set in Philadelphia, and feature Bill Jr. learning a lesson or moral. It was developed through research and in consultation with a panel of educational consultants.
The Treasure Hunt / The Best Way To Play
- Little Bill: [regarding Dizzy Gillespie] He has puffy cheeks.
- Big Bill: Yeah, well, just listen to what Dizzy's puffy cheeks could do.
- Little Bill: Is he dizzy because spins around like a record?
- Big Bill: Could be.
Just A Baby / The Campout
- Little Bill: Bobby, when you went camping before, did a bear ever eat you?
- Bobby: Would I be here raking the leaves if one did?
- NOTE: This episode is dedicated to Madeline Kahn.
The Dollar / The Choice
- Little Bill: I think my mind is changing.
- April: You mean you're changing your mind.
- April: Little Bill, hurry up, we have to choose a cereal.
- Little Bill: Let's choose ice cream instead.
- April: No, Little Bill, come on!
- Little Bill: But it has a polar bear on it.
- Miss Murray: What are you going to buy with it?
- Little Bill: A rocket ship!
- Andrew: And a really big pizza!
- Fuschia: And a roller coaster!
- Kiku: And a fire truck!
- Miss Murray: Are you sure you can buy all those things with a dollar?
Guppies / The Magic Quilt
- Big Bill: [dramatic, fake crying]
- Little Bill: What's the matter, Dad?
- Big Bill: Nobody told me about the magic quilt!
- Little Bill: I'll let you use the magic quilt tonight, Dad.
The Meanest Thing To Say / Lavatory Story
- Michael: How did she know I had to go to the bathroom?
- Little Bill: She always knows because that's what teachers are for.
- Little Bill: I have to play "ranking" tomorrow with Michael.
- Big Bill: Ranking? [chuckles] We used to call it "playing the dozens" when I was a kid. I won every time without ever having to think of even one mean thing to say.
- Little Bill: How?
- Big Bill: Well, nothing they said was true, so every time someone said something mean, I just said "so?"
Number One on Honeywood Street / Baseball Glovers
- April: Little Bill, don't cheer for them.
- Little Bill: But they won.
- April: You're not supposed to cheer for the other team.
- Little Bill: But it's fun! Yay!!!
- April: We're supposed to win, not have fun!
- Rachel: (sarcastically) Alright, we won that game.
- Bobby: Yeah, but we won the first one.
- April: There's still one more game, and whoever wins (glares at Little Bill) that one is number one on Honeywood Street.
- Rachel: Okay, let's go.
- [the others go on ahead; except for Little Bill who's offended by his sister's yelling]
- April: Little Bill, come on! Little Bill?
- Little Bill: I don't want to play. It's not fun.
- April: What's the matter with you? Don't you want to win?
- Little Bill: No, you get too mad.
- April: Don't you want to be number one on Honeywood Street?
- Little Bill: No.
- April: Little Bill...!
- Little Bill: (covers his ears) This is making me a headache! (walks back home)
- [Back at Little Bill's house, Alice the Great is listening to the radio]
- Announcer: That's the ballgame, folks, that the Blue Sox lose to Summerville. 2-1, your final score.
- Alice the Great: Oh, nuts.
- Little Bill: (annoyed) Yeah, nuts!
- April: Come on, Little Bill, let's go.
- [Alice the Great turns off the radio]
- Little Bill: Uh-uh.
- Alice the Great: Well, the Blue Sox just lost another ballgame.
- April: See, you don't want to lose, do you?
- Alice the Great: It was still a fun game.
- April: But your team didn't win. Aren't you mad?
- Alice the Great: Oh, of course not, honey. If you don't get joy out of the game, what's the point of playing?
- Little Bill: Yeah, games are supposed to be fun.
- Alice the Great: That's right.
- Little Bill: See, April, playing is supposed to be fun. You're bossy.
- [Bobby approaches]
- April: Bossy? Bobby, tell him. I'm not bossy.
- Bobby: Uh, um... I can't. You want to win too much.
- April: Winning's the most important thing.
- Little Bill: Uh-uh, having fun is the most important.
- [April tries to say something, but she felt bad about everything she did]
- Alice the Great: You didn't mean to be bossy, did you, honey?
- April: (sad) No.
- [Andrew and his cousins Rachel and Kevin approach]
- Rachel: Are you guys giving up? If you do, we win. Huh, Kevin?
- Kevin: Mm-hmm.
- Alice the Great: Nobody's giving up at here, are we?
- Andrew: Come on, Little Bill.
- Little Bill: [to April] Can it be fun now?
- April: Okay, let's fun.