Little Red Riding Rabbit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Little Red Riding Rabbit is a 1944 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies cartoon, directed by Friz Freleng, and starring Bugs Bunny. It is a sendup of the Little Red Riding Hood story, and is the first time in which Mel Blanc receives a voice credit.
- [while the Big Bad Wolf is hovering over some hot coals] Eh, what's cookin', Doc?
Big Bad Wolf
- [sees other wolves in Grandma's bed] Come on, come on! Take a powder. This is my racket!
- Hey, Grandma! I brought a little bunny rabbit for you ta HAVE!
- [to the Big Bad Wolf dressed as grandma] Hey, Grandma! That's an awfully big nose for you... TO HAVE!
- [first lines]
- Little Red Riding Hood: ♪ The five o'clock whistle's on the blink ♪
- ♪ The whistle won't blow and waaadaya think? ♪
- ♪ My poppa's still in the factory ♪
- ♪ 'Cause he don't know what tiiiiiiiiiime it happens to be! ♪
- Bugs Bunny: [riding in Red Riding Hood's basket] Eh, whatcha got in the basket, gorgeous?
- Little Red Riding Hood: I've got a little bunny rabbit I'm taking to my grandma's, to have, see? [pulls out one of Bugs's legs]
- Bugs Bunny: Hmm. Well, not a bad pair of stems for a rabbit.
- Little Red Riding Hood: Yeah, and he's got a cute face, too. See? [pulls Bugs out to show him his own face]
- [last lines; Bugs places the Wolf over a pile of hot coals with of heavy objects piled on his arms...]
- Little Red Riding Hood: HEY, GRANDMA!
- Bugs Bunny: [fed up] I'll do it... but I'll probably hate myself in the morning!
- [Bugs replaces the Wolf with Red Riding Hood over the pile of hot coals]
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny
- Billy Bletcher as Big Bad Wolf (uncredited)
- Bea Benaderet as Little Red Riding Hood (uncredited)