Little Red Riding Rabbit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Little Red Riding Rabbit is a 1944 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies cartoon, directed by Friz Freleng, and starring Bugs Bunny. It is a sendup of the Little Red Riding Hood story, and is the first time in which Mel Blanc receives a voice credit.
- Directed by Friz Freleng. Produced by Leon Schlesinger. Story by Michael Maltese.
- Bugs Bunny: [riding in Red Riding Hood's basket] Eh, whatcha got in the basket, gorgeous?
- Little Red Riding Hood: I've got a little bunny rabbit which I'm taking to my grandma's, to have, see? [pulls out one of Bugs's legs]
- Bugs Bunny: Hmm. Well, not a bad pair of stems for a rabbit.
- Little Red Riding Hood: Yeah, and he's got a cute face, too. See? [pulls Bugs out to show him his own face]
- [last lines; Bugs places the Wolf over a pile of hot coals with of heavy objects piled on his arms...]
- Little Red Riding Hood: HEY, GRANDMA!
- Bugs Bunny: [finally fed up] I'll do it... but I'll probably hate myself in the morning!
- [Bugs replaces the Wolf with Red Riding Hood over the pile of hot coals. And the cartoon ends with Bugs and the Big Bad Wolf watching this.]
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny
- Billy Bletcher as Big Bad Wolf (uncredited)
- Bea Benaderet as Little Red Riding Hood (uncredited)
- Little Red Riding Rabbit quotes at the Internet Movie Database