Little Shop of Horrors (film)
(Redirected from Little Shop of Horrors)
Little Shop of Horrors is a 1986 rock musical horror comedy film based on the 1982 comedy horror rock musical of the same name, which was in turn based on the low-budget 1960 black comedy film The Little Shop of Horrors.
- On the twenty-third day in the month of September, in an early year of a decade not too long before our own, the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence. And this terrifying enemy surfaced, as such enemies often do, in the most seemingly innocent, and unlikely, of places...
- Wait for me, Audrey. This is between me and the vegetable!
- [singing about Mr. Mushnik] And he calls me a slob, which I am …
- [singing about her dream house] With a washer and a dryer, and an ironing machine…somewhere that's green.
- [repeated line] Feed me!
- [asking Seymour what he wants] Money? Girls. One particular girl! How 'bout that Aaaaauuuudrey? Think it over! There must be someone you can 86 real quiet-like, and get me some LUNCH!!!
- DOES THIS LOOK "INANIMATE" TO YOU, PUNK?! If I can talk and I can move, who's to say I can't do anything I want?!
- Seymour: The Audrey II is not a healthy girl.
- Mr. Mushnik: Strictly between us, neither is the Audrey I.
- Seymour: You see, sir, if you were to put a plant like this in the window, then maybe…
- Mr. Mushnik: Maybe what? Maybe what! Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Just because you put a strange and interesting plant in the window, people don't suddenly…
- Customer: Excuse me. I couldn't help noticing that strange and interesting plant. What is it?
- Audrey: It's an Audrey…II!
- Audrey: Seymour's first radio broadcast! I wanted to hear it so bad. I tried to be on time, but…
- Mr. Mushnik: Don't tell me. You got tied up.
- Audrey: No. Just handcuffed a little.
- Audrey II: Feed me.
- Seymour: Under no circumstances.
- Audrey II: Feed me.
- Seymour: I will not, so stop asking.
- Audrey II: Feed me!
- Seymour: No! No more! I can't take living with the guilt.
- Audrey II: Tough titty.
- Seymour: Watch your language.
- Audrey II: Ah, cut the crap! Bring on the meat!
- Seymour: I'll run to the corner, pick you up some nice ground round. How about that?
- Audrey II: Don't do me no favors!
- Seymour: Well?
- Audrey II: Hmm…?
- Seymour: It's my last offer. Yes or no?
- Audrey II: You sure do drive a hard bargain.
- Seymour: Done! Fine. Great. Don't think you're getting dessert!
- Seymour: Every household in America. Thousands of you, eating. That's what you had planned all along, isn't it?!
- Audrey II: [smugly] Noooooooooo shit, Sherlock!
- Seymour: We're not talking about one hungry plant here. We're talking about world conquest!
- Audrey II: And I wanna thank you!
- Seymour: You won't get away with this! Your kind never does! [Audrey II laughs maniacally] I don't care what it takes, only one of us gets out of here alive!
About Little Shop of Horrors
- Going back to the beginning, Howard and I were in David Geffen’s office and we both wanted to retain the original ending, with the plant winning and the key people dying, and David was against that. He said you can’t do that, but again he knew Howard and I wanted to, so David supported us. The film was completed two years later and we went to San Jose for the first preview and everyone was very excited about it. This was, I think, the most expensive film Warner Bros. had done at that time. For every musical number there was applause, they loved it, it was just fantastic…until we killed our two leads. And then the theater became a refrigerator, an ice box. It was awful and the cards were just awful. They were saying that they hated us killing them. You have to have a 55 percent “recommend” to really be released and we got a 13.
- Frank Oz, : Muppets maestro discusses 'Little Shop of Horrors' and the remaking of his classics, Entertainment Weekley, 15 May 2012