Jump to navigation Jump to search
- After considerable and sometimes animated in-house discussion of the demise of Ivan...
- On Hurricane Epsilon in 2005
- On Epsilon's strengthening:
- There are no clear reasons, and I am not going to make one up, to explain the recent strengthening of Epsilon. 
- On Epsilon's longevity:
- I heard that before about Epsilon... haven't you? 
- Since neither I nor the [forecast] models are good enough to precisely know if Ernesto will have an intensity of 64 knots at landfall...which is the border between hurricane and tropical storm intensity and 4 knots above the forecast...a hurricane watch has been issued for a portion of the coast.
- If some of the dynamical models have their way...Juliette could meet her less-than-Shakespearean demise sooner than indicated in the official forecast.
- Bertha HAS to weaken and begin to become extratropical...famous last words.