Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guadalupe "Lupe" Ontiveros (September 17, 1942 – July 26, 2012) was an American actress.
- You've got maids and you've got maids…You got maids that have longevity beyond what you ever conceived of in your wildest dreams. I'll give you an example — The Goonies. Those that got hooked — I have a whole following of 30-year-olds who got hooked. Oh my gosh, I'm a heroine to them.
- On playing maid roles in “Latina Actress Aims To Break Maid Stereotype” in NPR (2009 Apr 12)
- It’s their continued perspective of who we are. They don’t know we’re very much a part of this country and that we make up every part of this country.
- On the challenges facing Latino actors in “Lupe Ontiveros, Respected Actress and Activist Dies at 69” in Remezcla
- It's upsetting to any culture when that is the only projection you have of that culture…You're pigeon-holed, stereotyped. That means we don't like you. We forget that this country was founded by immigrants.
- On being repeatedly cast as a housekeeper (as quoted in “'Selena' co-star Lupe Ontiveros dies at 69” in CNN; 2012 Jul 27)