Ma Huateng (born October 29, 1971), also known as Pony Ma, is a Chinese billionaire business magnate. He is the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Tencent, Asia's most valuable company, one of the largest Internet and technology companies, and one of the biggest investment, gaming and entertainment conglomerates in the world. As of April 2021, he is China's richest man with a net worth of US$59.5 billion according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Technology is a capability. To be good is a choice. Over the past 23 years, Tencent has managed to come this far because society and our country have provided support that allowed Tencent to continuously grow.
- We feel that users have more expectations. Concerning antitrust, privacy protections, the prevention of big data price discrimination, and so on, we, as users, share these concerns. For instance, with our gaming business, we know there are a lot of doubts.
- Education and health care are not only commercial services, but also public and universal ones. So on top of commerce, what can we do to play our role? What can we do in terms of pension and health in an ageing society?
- Wealth won’t give you satisfaction, creating a good product that’s well received by users is what matters most.
- A service starts with the satisfaction and needs of its users in mind and is deﬁned by those two things. Spending core resources and time repeatedly on the optimisation of the obvious characteristics is basically the mania of novice internet entrepreneurs.
- But copying others can't make you great. So the key is how to localize a great idea and create domestic innovation.