Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ma Xiaowei (马晓伟; Mǎ Xiǎoweǐ; born December 1959) is a politician in the People's Republic of China (PRC). He currently serves as the Minister of National Health Commission since 19 March 2018.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- At present (26 January 2020), the rate of development of the (COVID-19) epidemic is accelerating. I am afraid that it will continue for some time, and the number of cases may increase.
- Ma Xiaowei (2020) cited in "Wuhan Coronavirus Can Be Infectious Before People Show Symptoms, Official Claims" on Science Alert, 26 January 2020.
- For this new (COVID-19) coronavirus, we (National Health Commission) have not identified the source of the infection and we are not clear about the risk of its mutation and how it spreads. Since this is a new coronavirus there might be some changes in the coming days and weeks, and the danger it poses to people of different ages is also changing.
- Ma Xiaowei (2020) cited in "Coronavirus's ability to spread getting stronger, China suggests" on The Guardian, 26 January 2020.
- From observations, the (COVID-19) virus is capable of transmission even during incubation period. Some patients have normal temperatures and there are many milder cases. There are hidden carriers. There are signs showing the virus is becoming more transmissible. These walking "contagious agents" (hidden carriers) make controlling the outbreak a lot more difficult.
- Ma Xiaowei (2020) cited in "5 million left Wuhan before lockdown, 1,000 new coronavirus cases expected in city" on South China Morning Post, 26 January 2020.
- We are now (26 January 2020) in a critical period of prevention and control (of the COVID-19).
- Ma Xiaowei (2020) cited in "China Urges Calm Over Virus During ‘Critical Period’" on The Wall Street Journal, 26 January 2020.