Mad Max: Fury Road
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mad Max: Fury Road is a 2015 Australian post-apocalyptic action film directed, produced, and co-written by George Miller. This is the fourth film of Miller's Mad Max franchise.
"Mad" Max Rockatansky
- [Narrating] My name is Max. My world is fire and blood. Once, I was a cop. A road warrior searching for a righteous cause. As the world fell...each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy. Me... Or everyone else.
- [Narrating] Here they come again. Worming their way into the black matter of my brain.
- [Narrating] I tell myself they cannot touch me. They are long dead. I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead. Hunted by scavengers... Haunted by those I could not protect. So I exist in this wasteland... A man, reduced to a single instinct: Survive.
- How much more can they take from me? They got my blood, now it's my car!
- [Takes his jacket off Nux] That's my jacket!
- You know, hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll, uh... you'll go insane.
- [to Furiosa] Look, it'll be a hard day. But I guarantee you that a hundred and sixty days' ride that way... there's nothing but salt. [points back] At least that way, we might be able to... together... come across some kind of redemption.
- [Pointing at his Interceptor car being driven by a War Boy] That's mine!
- [To Furiosa] Max. My name's Max. That's my name.
- You wanna get through this? Do as I say. Now pick up what you can and run.
- Out here, everything hurts.
- [To Immortan Joe, just before killing him] Remember me?!
- Once again, we send off my War Rig to bring back guzzolene from Gas Town, and bullets from the Bullet Farm. Once again, I salute my Imperator Furiosa, and I salute my half-life War Boys, who will ride with me eternal on the highways of Valhalla! I AM YOUR REDEEMER! It is by my hand you will rise from the ashes of this world!
- Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.
- Ah, mediocre!
- You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!
- They're going back to the Citadel! They know it's undefended!
- WHERE IS SHE TAKING THEM?!
- "[Deleted scene line]] HUNT THEM! TURN EVERY GRAIN OF SAND!
- If I'm going to die, I'm going to die historic, on the fury road!
- Oh, what a day! What a lovely day!
- I'm the man who grabs the sun, riding to Valhalla!
- I live, I die, I live again!
- I never thought I'd do something as shine as that!
- Witness me.
The Bullet Farmer
- All this for a family squabble. Healthy babies.
- [blind, waving two guns] I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the choir of death! Sing, Brother Heckler! Sing, Brother Koch! [shooting blindly] Sing, Brothers! Sing! SINGGGG!
- Ms. Giddy: We are not things. We're not things!
- The Splendid Angharad: Who killed the world?
- The People Eater: We are down thirty thousand units of gasoline, nineteen canisters of nitro, twelve assault bikes, seven pursuit vehicles: the deficit mount and now sir, you have us stuck in a quagmire!
- Rictus Erectus: I had a baby brother! I had a little baby brother! And he was perfect! Perfect in every way!
- The Dag: [to Max] I thought you weren't insane anymore.
- The Dag: [referring to Max] He's a crazy smeg who eats schlanger!
- Slit: By my deeds I honour him, V8.
- Slit: Mediocre Morsov! Mediocre!
- The Ace : Why can't you stop?
- Nux: Immortan! Immortan Joe! [Immortan Joe glances at Nux] Ah! He looked at me! He looked right at me!
- Slit: He was staring at your Blood Bag!
- Nux: He turned his head! He looked me straight in the eye!
- Slit: He was scanning the horizon!
- Nux: He's gonna be so grateful! We could ask for anything. I want to drive the War Rig. What will you ask for?
- Max: [rips jacket off Nux] That's my jacket.
- Nux: Sure. I mean, you could ask for more than a jacket.
- [After Splendid Angharad is grazed by a bullet fired by Max]
- Imperator Furiousa: How are you?
- The Splendid Angharad: It hurts.
- Imperator Furiousa: Out here, everything hurts. [Turns to the rest of the Five Wives] You wanna get through this? Do as I say. Now, pick up what you can, and run.
- Imperator Furiousa: Hey. What's your name?
- [No response.]
- Imperator Furiousa: What do I call you?
- Max: Does it matter?
- Imperator Furiousa: Fine. When I yell "fool," you drive out of here as fast as you can.
- Nux: Immortan, if I can get onto the rig, there's a way inside.
- Immortan Joe: What is your name?
- Nux: It's Nux. I'll pike her in the spine, keep her breathing for you.
- Immortan Joe: No. [gives Nux a revolver] Put a bullet in her skull. Stop the rig. Return my treasures to me and I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla.
- Nux: Am I awaited?
- Immortan Joe: [sprays Nux's mouth with chrome spray paint] You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.
- Nux: Three times the gates were open to me.
- Capable: What gates?
- Nux: I was awaited in Valhalla. They were calling my name. I should be walking with the Immortan. Feasting with the heroes of all time.
- Capable: I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.
- Nux: I thought I was being spared for something great. I got to...drive a pursuit vehicle. For a while even Larry and Barry stop chewing on my windpipe.
- Capable: Who're Larry and Barry?
- Nux: [pointing to his tumors] My mates. Larry and Barry. If they don't get me, the Night Fevers will.
- Nux: There is high ground, just beyond that thing!
- Capable: He means the tree.
- Nux: Yeah. Tree!
- Imperator Furiousa: They are looking for hope.
- Max: What about you?
- Imperator Furiousa: Redemption.
- [Max proposes turning back and claiming the Citadel]
- The Vuvalini: What's there to find at the Citadel?
- Max: Green.
- Toast: And water. There's a ridiculous amount of clear water. And a lot of crops.
- The Dag: It's got everything you need, as long as you're not afraid of heights.
- Keeper of the Seeds: Where does the water come from?
- Toast: [regarding Immortan Joe] He pumps it up from deep within the earth. He calls it "Aqua Cola" and claims it all for himself.
- The Dag: And because he owns it, he owns all of us.
- Keeper of the Seeds: I don't like him already.
- The Valkyrie: It'll take two weeks to skirt the wall of mountains.
- Max: No. I suggest we go back the same way we came. Through the canyon.
- Toast: [after a pause] It's open - we know that, right? He brought all his war parties through.
- Max: So we take the War Rig and charge it right through the middle of them. We can decouple the tanker at the pass, shut it off behind us.
- Keeper of the Seeds: [she and the Dag make the same gesture] Kaboom!
- Imperator Furiosa: And how exactly do we take the Citadel, assuming we're still alive by then?
- Toast: If we can block the pass, it'll be easy. All that's left are his War Pups, and War Boys too sick to fight.
- Capable: And we'll be with Nux. He's a War Boy. He'll be bringing us home, bringing back what's stolen, as he's meant to.
- [Everyone turns to look at Nux]
- Nux: Yeah... feels like hope.
- Keeper of the Seeds: I like this plan... we could start again, just like the old days!
- Max: Look, it'll be a hard day. [points to the horizon] But I guarantee you that a hundred and sixty days ride that way... there's nothing but salt. [points back] At least that way we might be able to... together... come across some kind of redemption.
- [He holds out his hand. After a pause, Furiosa takes it and clasps tight]
About Mad Max: Fury Road
- We were going to do an anime before it was delayed a second time when we were rained out of Australia. But because we were delayed that didn't happen, and so we've got that script, and we've got another one.
- George Miller 
- The Future Belongs to the Mad.
- What a lovely day.
- Tom Hardy — Max Rockatansky
- Charlize Theron — Imperator Furiosa
- Nicholas Hoult — Nux
- Hugh Keays-Byrne — Immortan Joe
- Josh Helman - Slit
- Nathan Jones - Rictus Erectus
- Zoë Kravitz - Toast the Knowing
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - The Splendid Angharad
- Riley Keough - Capable
- Abbey Lee - The Dag
- Courtney Eaton - Cheedo the Fragile
- John Howard - The People Eater
- Richard Carter - The Bullet Farmer
- iOTA - The Doof Warrior
- Angus Sampson - The Organic Mechanic
- Jennifer Hagan - Miss Giddy
- Melissa Jeffer - Keeper of the Seeds
- Megan Gale - The Valkyrie
- Gillian Jones - a Vuvalini
- Joy Smithers - a Vuvalini