Madhouse (1974 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Jim Clark. Written by Greg Morrison and Ken Levison, based on the novel Devilday by Angus Hall.
Lights, Camera, Murder! (taglines)
- Miss Peters, as they say in horror movies, you will come to a bad end.
- Everybody thinks I'm dead, including myself.
- Now I must play the final scene, the death of Dr Death!
- Well, that's Hollywood for you, sweetheart. He's on the make. She's on the take.
Faye Carstairs Flay
- I used to laugh at the stories of women that got beat up for the hell of it. But the stories were true, Paul. Only this time, they got scared, they set the car on fire and rolled it down a hill. And when I came up, I wasn't pretty anymore.
- Oliver Quayle: I don't make that cheap crap any more. I'm in television now.
- Paul Toombes: Television? I thought that was a family medium.
- Herbert Flay: But you're dead. You're dead!
- Paul Toombes: Why did you do it, my friend? You killed Ellen... and all of the others, too. You wanted everybody to think that it was me. Why, Herbert? Why did you want to destroy me? You love Dr. Death.
- Lights, Camera, Murder!
- If Stark Terror Were Ecstasy... living here would be sheer bliss!
- Vincent Price — Paul Toombes
- Peter Cushing — Herbert Flay
- Robert Quarry — Oliver Quayle
- Adrienne Corri — Faye Carstairs Flay
- Natasha Pyne — Julia Wilson
- Michael Parkinson — T.V. Interviewer
- Linda Hayden — Elizabeth Peters
- Barry Dennen — Gerry Blount
- Ellis Dale — Alfred Peters
- Catherine Willmer — Louise Peters
- John Garrie — Inspector Harper
- Ian Thompson — Bradshaw
- Jenny Lee-Wright — Carol Clayton
- Julie Crosthwait — Ellen Mason
- Peter Halliday — Psychiatrist